Difficulty getting back on here with new NAS security system

So why did NAS. Change the login arrangements. Making it complicated to get back on here.

surely they could have made it easier for the users?

anyone els e found it annoying? And loads of duplicates and awkward messaging.

nice pictures but poor funtionality and lots of grief for us users

Parents
  • Hi all

I'm sorry that you are disappointed. We changed the sign-in system because we wanted to:

• Replace the platform on which the old sign-ins ran, which was outdated and in danger of becoming insecure
    • Offer social sign-in for users of Facebook, Twitter and so on
    • Introduce email verification, in part to offer some protection against the spam postings that have occurred from time to time on both previous platforms

Email verification is then a necessary inconvenience for genuine contributors. The need to recreate your sign-ins followed from the change of platform.

There have been problems with menus and navigation in the new system. We have deployed some enhancements today, and I trust that you will find that the issues are resolved.

Regards

• How about doing a survey of users to find out

• I can only get back on by clicking on an email link. Signing on or trying to change my password just sends me round in circles.

• You will need to make sure that images do not exceed 1MB in size. Large images have an impact on other users; the photography thread is an example of one with lots of images, that would be extremely slow to view if your devices had to download lots of larger pictures.

I am not able to reproduce a problem with uploading JPGs (as long as they are smaller than that limit of course). GIFs will typically be larger for the same image. Please do email community.manager@nas.org.uk with examples of any images that you cannot upload, and ask for them to be forwarded to me to investigate. Whilst you may need to use the kind of resizing service that describes, if you do not have the use of an image editor, we are trying not to make it more complex than necessary.

You could also try the sizing tool built into the uploader. I uploaded the current banner image from our home page twice. The original file is a 362KB JPG, about one third of the maximum size, and 1200*1076 pixels. I set it first to the default of 320*240 pixels, and then to half that. The resulting versions are 25 and 8KB respectively.

• Regarding the 'Up or Down, Cancel and More' tabs not being present just after having posted ~ they actually were! Hay hoe! :-)

• ...This is getting VERY complicated and, I think, bad. Is this another "thing". Mr DeepThought, I wanted to reply to Your last Post, about "supersized Emojis" but I cannot, there are no buttons, even after trying "quote" and Your own "activity" upon Your Profile. There are too many... um, bugs? glitches? what is the term nowadays for someone like Myself using an OLD device in order to interact with newer Devices?

It is rather a complicated collection of bugs and glitches here definitely, and it is just astonishing how so many could have been gotten in one single forum package! ;-)

Only having old tech to interact with new tech whilst having a disability and it causing you further problems ~ might be called not having gotten a Disability Computer and Assistive Technology Grant perhaps?

I am more of the opinion though (attempt at a joke here) that this and the other technological catastrophe forum package . . . were given to us so that we as users can help identify all the glitches before the actual 'whizzo' package can go on general release! ;-)

Mr.DeepThought... what You Posted before, I hoped Mr Graham did indeed read, for it is useful yes very much. With regards to the "supersized emojis" post... I apologise for anything bad, it was not intended, and my old device has limited capabillity for "emojis", so, since I am not (any more) a programmer, I really do not know what bizarre codes-translations it might be sending or transforming things into...

Apologise not for the technological failings of this website of forums DC, for you have only helped to bring issues like the oversize emoji and loads otherwise to light.

Thanks to you rather than apologies from you are more befitting methinks. :-)

I want to vote You up but cannot now - the "more" button inteferes with screen refreshes. (I might next try a new "link" trick, but am not yet relying upon it.) THANK YOU, sincerely, for what You have said here & the pictures, defintely.

Then:

(...Oh-ho! After posting a reply to a previous post up the same "line", do the reply buttons appear for previous posts!? e.g. I can now reply and "upvote" the reply which I could not before!...

*sniffle*... )

There there there DC on the *sniffle* front. :-)

When the 'Up or Down' vote, 'Reply' and 'More' option tabs are not at the bottom of posts ~ as if we are just visiting guests rather than signed in members; I found that activating page functions that are visible like the original post 'Reply' tab and cancelling it, or using the 'View more' tab that reveals our hidden posts seemed to get the missing Up or Down' vote, 'Reply' and 'More' tabs back on the go. 

I have found on account of the text being so small in the reply box ~ that once I have posted that is when I see more of my written errors and typos with the bigger font size, but all the 'Up or Down' vote, 'Reply' and 'More' option tabs have disappeared again ~ so no editing straight away.

Normally I am so exhausted after using this system to write stuff that I have not gone through using the page functions to get the 'More' and 'Edit' options on the go, and I think it just involves some time before they come back on line again.

I will rest up some before posting this and pay more attention after tapping the 'Reply' tab.

• (...Oh-ho! After posting a reply to a previous post up the same "line", do the reply buttons appear for previous posts!? e.g. I can now reply and "upvote" the reply which I could not before!...

*sniffle*... ) 

• ...This is getting VERY complicated and, I think, bad. Is this another "thing". Mr DeepThought, I wanted to reply to Your last Post, about "supersized Emojis" but I cannot, there are no buttons, even after trying "quote" and Your own "activity" upon Your Profile. There are too many... um, bugs? glitches? what is the term nowadays for someone like Myself using an OLD device in order to interact with newer Devices?

I still wait for MrWebPM to see all of this, but I also can see how He - with the latest devices and/or using virtual software - might have strife in even beginning to find/see/follow *all* of what is and could be going on... !!!

Mr.DeepThought... what You Posted before, I hoped Mr Graham did indeed read, for it is useful yes very much. With regards to the "supersized emojis" post... I apologise for anything bad, it was not intended, and my old device has limited capabillity for "emojis", so, since I am not (any more) a programmer, I really do not know what bizarre codes-translations it might be sending or transforming things into...

I want to vote You up but cannot now - the "more" button inteferes with screen refreshes. (I might next try a new "link" trick, but am not yet relying upon it.) THANK YOU, sincerely, for what You have said here & the pictures, defintely.

I still wait for MrWebPM to see all of this, but I also can see how He - with the latest devices and/or using virtual software - might have strife in even beginning to find/see/follow *all* of what is and could be going on... !!!

Children

• Regarding the 'Up or Down, Cancel and More' tabs not being present just after having posted ~ they actually were! Hay hoe! :-)

It is rather a complicated collection of bugs and glitches here definitely, and it is just astonishing how so many could have been gotten in one single forum package! ;-)

Only having old tech to interact with new tech whilst having a disability and it causing you further problems ~ might be called not having gotten a Disability Computer and Assistive Technology Grant perhaps?

I am more of the opinion though (attempt at a joke here) that this and the other technological catastrophe forum package . . . were given to us so that we as users can help identify all the glitches before the actual 'whizzo' package can go on general release! ;-)

Apologise not for the technological failings of this website of forums DC, for you have only helped to bring issues like the oversize emoji and loads otherwise to light.

Thanks to you rather than apologies from you are more befitting methinks. :-)

Then:

(...Oh-ho! After posting a reply to a previous post up the same "line", do the reply buttons appear for previous posts!? e.g. I can now reply and "upvote" the reply which I could not before!...

*sniffle*... )

There there there DC on the *sniffle* front. :-)

When the 'Up or Down' vote, 'Reply' and 'More' option tabs are not at the bottom of posts ~ as if we are just visiting guests rather than signed in members; I found that activating page functions that are visible like the original post 'Reply' tab and cancelling it, or using the 'View more' tab that reveals our hidden posts seemed to get the missing Up or Down' vote, 'Reply' and 'More' tabs back on the go. 

I have found on account of the text being so small in the reply box ~ that once I have posted that is when I see more of my written errors and typos with the bigger font size, but all the 'Up or Down' vote, 'Reply' and 'More' option tabs have disappeared again ~ so no editing straight away.

Normally I am so exhausted after using this system to write stuff that I have not gone through using the page functions to get the 'More' and 'Edit' options on the go, and I think it just involves some time before they come back on line again.

I will rest up some before posting this and pay more attention after tapping the 'Reply' tab.