masks

Well, no more shopping for me. Not sure what I'll do about food.

I've only been leaving the house for the past month to go food shopping anyway. Now I get to lose that. Or add £100 to my shopping bill.

I'd understand if I felt it would make any difference but most of the people wearing masks are doing so in a way that increases their infection risk, not reduces it. Meanwhile you don't have to wear a mask to go to work, or to go to the pub, or to go to the barbers.

So it all feels very pointless, which adds to the stress of not wanting my face covered, not wanting my glasses to steam up, not wanting the skin damage behind my ears that a mask will cause. So no more shopping. No more food. I guess I need to lose some weight..

Parents
  • I feel the same. It was lovely when the 'non essential ' shops first opened and we could go in without masks - the staff in my local Primark, Wilko and shoe shop were so helpful and welcoming. I had to get a prescription from Boots last week - wore a face covering for the first time and really struggled with it. Felt anxious the whole time and had sensory issues with my skin after taking it off.

I get a weekly groceries delivery - I don't find it more expensive than shopping in store.and delivery costs are less than travel costs (I don't have a car) I don't need to wear a mask to take in the bags of shopping and the delivery drivers don't wear them when delivering and are usually very friendly (I'm not shielding and have never had to)

I have decided that if I really need to go to a shop I will do so and wear an exemption badge. The GOV.UK website has a printable badge or card, or a version you can download into your phone. I've printed a couple and have ordered a set of 2 lanyards with card holders online to put them in. The gov.UK website explains you don't need any proof of exemption, but they have provided the cards/badges in case people feel more comfortable using them. 

• I feel the same. It was lovely when the 'non essential ' shops first opened and we could go in without masks - the staff in my local Primark, Wilko and shoe shop were so helpful and welcoming. I had to get a prescription from Boots last week - wore a face covering for the first time and really struggled with it. Felt anxious the whole time and had sensory issues with my skin after taking it off.

I get a weekly groceries delivery - I don't find it more expensive than shopping in store.and delivery costs are less than travel costs (I don't have a car) I don't need to wear a mask to take in the bags of shopping and the delivery drivers don't wear them when delivering and are usually very friendly (I'm not shielding and have never had to)

I have decided that if I really need to go to a shop I will do so and wear an exemption badge. The GOV.UK website has a printable badge or card, or a version you can download into your phone. I've printed a couple and have ordered a set of 2 lanyards with card holders online to put them in. The gov.UK website explains you don't need any proof of exemption, but they have provided the cards/badges in case people feel more comfortable using them. 

Children
No Data