Funeral

Hi I'm Matthew,

My gran is very sick at the moment and will be gone in a few days sadly, my dad is going to say goodbye today. 

I'm very worried about the funeral because I've never been to one before and usually when I go out to places it causes me to get very hot and I usually pass out. I'm in two minds about whether to go or not. In the past when talking about funerals my gran said she would love for me to go to hers but she understood if I couldn't do it. I don't know what to do. I want to be there, say goodbye and support my dad and mum but I'm not sure if mentally I am up to it. I do know what to do.

Parents
  • I am sensitive to spirits and ghosts.

Perhaps you could ask her if there were any objects you might have to use for a personal ceremony of farewell that you can do privately? Ask her to come and witness while it's going on after her passing so you can say speak your heart have that closure.

I have never managed to go to a funeral myself for similar reasons to yours and I like to do these small farewells in private. Often the departed come by and acknowledge the sincerity of the gesture.

• I am sensitive to spirits and ghosts.

Perhaps you could ask her if there were any objects you might have to use for a personal ceremony of farewell that you can do privately? Ask her to come and witness while it's going on after her passing so you can say speak your heart have that closure.

I have never managed to go to a funeral myself for similar reasons to yours and I like to do these small farewells in private. Often the departed come by and acknowledge the sincerity of the gesture.

Children
No Data