Funeral

Hi I'm Matthew,

My gran is very sick at the moment and will be gone in a few days sadly, my dad is going to say goodbye today. 

I'm very worried about the funeral because I've never been to one before and usually when I go out to places it causes me to get very hot and I usually pass out. I'm in two minds about whether to go or not. In the past when talking about funerals my gran said she would love for me to go to hers but she understood if I couldn't do it. I don't know what to do. I want to be there, say goodbye and support my dad and mum but I'm not sure if mentally I am up to it. I do know what to do.

Parents
  • Maybe do something in your own time in your own way. Celebrate her life and how she impacted your own life. It isn't about what others think or see, it is deeply personal to you and your bond with her. Nobody else had the same relationship or experiences, no matter who they are.

I've never been "good" with handling deaths. My view differs from most other people. I am pratical minded. I understand loss but I don't emotionally express or feel it in the same way at NT, I suspect. What I'm trying to say it this; don't feel obliged to express yourself and how you react to her death the way others do or expect. I used to and don't anymore.

It sounds like she knew you very well and understood you.

• Maybe do something in your own time in your own way. Celebrate her life and how she impacted your own life. It isn't about what others think or see, it is deeply personal to you and your bond with her. Nobody else had the same relationship or experiences, no matter who they are.

I've never been "good" with handling deaths. My view differs from most other people. I am pratical minded. I understand loss but I don't emotionally express or feel it in the same way at NT, I suspect. What I'm trying to say it this; don't feel obliged to express yourself and how you react to her death the way others do or expect. I used to and don't anymore.

It sounds like she knew you very well and understood you.

Children
No Data