Doubt!.....I always analyse and analyse....Anyone else have this issue...and is it a trait of A?

Hi

For as long as i know, i've always been this way!....over analysing matters....whittling things down till theyre no longer there almost....exhausting matters to oblivion...Its the complete taking apart!

I have learnt some techniques to reduce this...but ive had countless people throughout my life(before i was diagnosed) stating " you never believe anyone" "you think youre so clever, why do you pretend to be intelligent" ....I think this last comment is a mistake on their parts as thats not what im doing....but it must come across to NT's as pomp and ego.....to keep chipping away at a matter.....but it seems to be an ocd funk i cant get off...Its really annoyed alot of people throughout my life...including myself.

I find it hard to have faith in things....if that makes sense!....i always seem to have deep seated doubts...and thats what leads me(i believe) to chip away at every angle on a matter to see if it will stand true...

Im convinced this exhausts me mentally(i obvious conclusion i know) but its only just dawned on me at 51yrs old, that it fatigues me so much!

And without going down the( proverbial rabbit hole ), its really all fear!...

Doubt and feeling that i have to check matters are real and wont hurt me....anxiety !..

Parents
  • Same here. 

I see a psychologist once a week. She tells me that te ideal state is not to think so much about things. It's very confronting when she tells me: 'that's actually your imagination telling you that...'... and it becomes even more detrimental when I come to a conclusion about why somebody said something in a certain way and then start acting upon it. 

I avoid all contact with my brother in law. When I spent time with him I didn't sleep that night. He said things like: 'One would say that I know more about computers than you... ' or 'I heard this from a guy who is at least as clever as you...' 

I used to be extremely gullible as a child. I thought my son and daughter that if they would meet somebody that tells them stuff and they had this feeling that this doesn't add up and it's not like everybody else around laughs because it's a joke... in that situation he should just keep a blank face, shrug his shoulders and come to me or my wife to check what happened. Some NT people like to bully people that are considered 'too serious', 'too gullible', or 'lacking common sense'... in fact, they also suffer from a need to compensate for their own inferiority complex by putting other people down. 

This is an important part of life. Religion, advertisement, hierarchy, ... I have a feeling most people with asd have a kind of colourblindness to these things, we tend to see these things for the scam they are and it makes us a bit weird, because most other people (with NT) just take these things for granted in an attempt to fit in without question, least effort...

My advise to you: don't lose it, but accept it for what it is, don't analyse it with people who suffer from NT (pun intended).

There's this analogy I like. In the war, people with colour-blindness had it easy to spot camouflaged weapons in the forest-edge... it's not always a debilitating trait.

• Same here. 

I see a psychologist once a week. She tells me that te ideal state is not to think so much about things. It's very confronting when she tells me: 'that's actually your imagination telling you that...'... and it becomes even more detrimental when I come to a conclusion about why somebody said something in a certain way and then start acting upon it. 

I avoid all contact with my brother in law. When I spent time with him I didn't sleep that night. He said things like: 'One would say that I know more about computers than you... ' or 'I heard this from a guy who is at least as clever as you...' 

I used to be extremely gullible as a child. I thought my son and daughter that if they would meet somebody that tells them stuff and they had this feeling that this doesn't add up and it's not like everybody else around laughs because it's a joke... in that situation he should just keep a blank face, shrug his shoulders and come to me or my wife to check what happened. Some NT people like to bully people that are considered 'too serious', 'too gullible', or 'lacking common sense'... in fact, they also suffer from a need to compensate for their own inferiority complex by putting other people down. 

This is an important part of life. Religion, advertisement, hierarchy, ... I have a feeling most people with asd have a kind of colourblindness to these things, we tend to see these things for the scam they are and it makes us a bit weird, because most other people (with NT) just take these things for granted in an attempt to fit in without question, least effort...

My advise to you: don't lose it, but accept it for what it is, don't analyse it with people who suffer from NT (pun intended).

There's this analogy I like. In the war, people with colour-blindness had it easy to spot camouflaged weapons in the forest-edge... it's not always a debilitating trait.

Children
No Data