I feel like everyone hates me

So recently I've been dealing with loneliness issues and the isolation as a result of current circumstances hasn't been helping.

I've just recently turned 23 and I've lost a lot of close friends in an online social circle that I had. I made a drastic mistake and a lot of people I knew have turned their backs on me, telling me I need "serious help" and the people that did stick by me don't talk to me the same way anymore. It's like they're actively trying to avoid talking to me, they won't start a conversation with me anymore and will only talk if I talk first but they seem completely disinterested and only trying to be nice for the sake of it. The entire incident has negatively impacted my mental health and I don't feel like I can function normally anymore. I've made plenty of mistakes throughout my life but this feels like the worst one yet, those friends shared a lot of my niche interests and seemed genuinely interested in me as a friend and a person. To lose them like that just feels like a huge punch to the gut.

I've been trying to find new friends to fill in the gap it's left behind but I've had no luck in any online social communities or even dating sites. Real life friends would be better for me but they're a lot harder for me to find than online friends since I am mostly introverted and it's not like I can go out anywhere right now anyway.

Bottom line is: I just really want friends. Friends who become close friends that stick by me and who I can regularly hang out with to play video games together and share a good laugh and maybe even meet physically if distance allows, but I have no idea how that's going to happen and I lose hope every day trying. I just feel lonely and hated and it's quickly getting to the point where it feels like my efforts are hopeless.

Is there anyone out there who could be a friend like this or just offer some advice?

• Hello I am Gemma and also have Asperger’s and scince pandemic have lost a lot of friends including a boyfriend. Trying to rebuild my life and having Asperger’s does not help sometimes but their are positives. Keep trying find new groups are interest that you like doing best way to find new friends.x

• Recently I lost my best friend because I had sensory overload when we were sledding and I don’t know what to do it’s very hard for me to maintain friendships too and I feel hated by everyone I get bullied a ton and I wish I could say I understand but I haven’t been through your experience and even though I have gone through similar situations I feel like I can’t say I understand but I do hope it gets better soon 

• I have just written this:

I seem to be unable to make and keep friends. I don't fit in with anyone and always end up with people who are strange. Not being nasty, but honestly, I always end up with friends who are very mentally ill. One friend is constantly on about her health. One friend is massively over weight and thinks only of herself. I invited for dinner once and she never said thank you. I've always been there for her but when I needed her, she didn't help me. Another was under psychiatrist and would write very odd messages to me that made no sense. Another was eccentric and her dog would pee on my floor and she didn't notice, she would laugh and spill wine but not notice. When I make friends with successful people I am not accepted and feel out of place, I think because I'm more timid than many or I end up getting pushed around by them. So I am alone all the time. Don't get me wrong, I have cared for my friends but just notice I can only keep the broken ones. When I was younger, I always felt like a Raggy Doll (old cartoon) I always felt I was one of them and so are my friends.

• I'll be your friend..Im 28, recently diagnosed within the last year, and can empathize with everything you're going through.

• Well you welcome to message me anytime. I really wish there was an app for this forum, it would be so much easier to get notifications from x

• I have a gaming laptop that I mostly play sims on. But I also have a switch too!

plus I am on discord :) x

• I can be your friend and I don't hate you or anybody else. Always room for a friend here. You can message me whenever you want to.

• Lockdown has really highlighted that I don’t have actual friends. No one has contacted me other than if they want a job done (which is my job). I haven’t really engaged with it yet though so I don’t know how I feel about it. 

• 1 is a pomeranian that's noisy and doesn't like strangers but very lovable otherwise. 1 is a German Spitz that's gone blind due to diabetes. Very aggressive, noisy and bossy but loves a fuss. Both of them are female. The final one is a male shihtzu who's very friendly but stubborn and a little jumpy.

• i have one he is now 95% blind ( 14year old Shitz tsu )  his name is Bacon. He is so bossy.  What is your 3 like ?

• u are not hated that is a delusion created by your own mind.  You are not hated.

• i'm on PC too, same all sorts, mainly fps

• I've got 3 dogs who I love very much.

• I live in West Yorkshire. Sorry to hear about your school friends, kind of reminds me of my time in Primary and Secondary as well.

• I primarily play on PC and Switch. I own a huge collection of games and can't list them all off the top of my head. I'm very easy going though, what games do you play mostly?

• I know how you feel, through primary and secondary school and college I thought I had friends but I was never invited out, or got texts/phone calls from them and when I was with them I didn’t understand what they were talking about/laughing about. I have only a couple of friends online that I am so grateful for, but I have no friends who live close to me to hang out with.

May I ask where about you live? I live in the Wirral x

• Hi!! I hope you are feeling fine. My words for you are: get youself a pet: a dog, a cat, a guinea pig, a white dove... a pet is the best friend you will ever have. Believe me.

• Hi, Fluffster. I'm really sorry you're having a tough time at the moment. I think it's disappointing that your friends have given up on you based on one event.

I can see that some others have recommended looking at meetup. I'd also suggest looking at a company called Spice - they're an activity group aimed at building friendships. They're based all over the country and they have a separate group for Under 40s (although Under 40s can still attend the events for the wider group if they'd like to). 

Hope this helps a little.

• hey, what games do you play and what platform. I too am lonely and looking for people to share my past time with