The struggling life of an autistic adult on the spectrum

It has been a while since I have been on this site and I thought it was the right time to come on and discuss with other autistic adults and about things. I am 25 years old and live in the Wirral. Recently (last month) my Nanna passed away not from the virus but from other health issues. I miss her so much and her funeral was difficult. I am okay now, but just realising all that is happening with virus etc makes you wonder how short life really is.

I have mentioned on someone’s post that people I use to know in school/college that I remember have moved on with relationships, marriage, kids, houses, jobs etc I understand that I need to get out there to be able to pursue them myself but I am having trouble. I have had now support since my diagnoses in 2017, I live with my parents since I know I won’t be able to cope living on my own. I have no job (been on the six for 4 years+), and I am just getting somewhere with help to start my dream job working with animals. But I feel with this pandemic that I’m not getting anywhere in life.

What I am asking is does anyone have any tips/advice to help me get my life on track? I just want to live a life like everyone else and not be alone, unemployed and unachieved for the rest of my life. I hope I don’t sound too moany or weepy I just need support. Even if it’s just someone to talk to x

Parents
  • I'm heading off now but I've worked in a few different animal care roles, so I could maybe help a little as their quite varied. I've worked as a vet nurse, in a zoo, in an animal rescue, pet shop - some paid some voluntary. Talk soon

• I'm heading off now but I've worked in a few different animal care roles, so I could maybe help a little as their quite varied. I've worked as a vet nurse, in a zoo, in an animal rescue, pet shop - some paid some voluntary. Talk soon

Children
  • I’m not really sure to be honest. I just would like to help animals in anyway I can, I don’t think I could cope in a Vet (I am dyslexic as well and terrible at maths), I wouldn’t mind working in a zoo but I would need to go to Uni for that (had a terrible experience in an open day for a uni) but I also wouldn’t mind an animal rescue centre or pet shop. I don’t drive yet (revising for theory) but at the moment I am just at square one x