Dealing with impatience/queues

Is impatience a particular thing of autism? How do people deal with it?

Parents
  • My daughter has no patience at all and cant stand being in a queue. The big thing around it is that it can be sensory overload for someone with Autism being surrounded by lots of people especially if there's lots of noise. If you are going to places like theme parks you can get a letter from a Doctor stating your child has Autism and cant queue, you would then be able to get a special pass at the theme park sometimes known as ride easy access pass and you get on the ride through the disabled entrance, you get on the ride quicker and dont have loads of people around you. Hope that helps.

• If you are going to places like theme parks you can get a letter from a Doctor stating your child has Autism and cant queue, you would then be able to get a special pass at the theme park sometimes known as ride easy access pass and you get on the ride through the disabled entrance, you get on the ride quicker and dont have loads of people around you.

Most UK theme parks are demanding to see PIP letters to have an access pass.      I've found most museums and similar will try hard to make things easier for hidden disabilities - especially if you have the sunflower lanyard.

• I've never had a problem using a letter from the doctor at CAMHS and found the places we have visited have been very helpful. 

Reply Children
No Data