Dealing with impatience/queues

Is impatience a particular thing of autism? How do people deal with it?

Parents
  • What I do recognise here is that I sometimes want to have something done, and then this can't wait. That got better, but it's still a bit of an issue. 

And it contrasts with the fact that I can't just drop everything and do it myself, so I know it's not fair to ask it from somebody else. 

• You hit the nail on the head there for me, I'm just the same. I get a bee in my bonnet and can't wait. I was like it today. Or I can wait forever about some things, or have inertia where I postpone it as if I'm frozen in time. 

• Ha, with inertia and postponing things I just tell myself I need more thinking time ;)

• I have this 'unwritten rule' that if I miss an appointment, it means I'm taking on too many tasks and I'm overwhelmed. 

And also a thing about procrastination: always postpone as much as you can, performing only urgent tasks is so much more challenging and you should not want an easy life. 

I made that one up when I saw a quote from Bruce Lee (karate-man)

Don't wish for an easy life, wish for the strength to endure a hard life.

• I have this 'unwritten rule' that if I miss an appointment, it means I'm taking on too many tasks and I'm overwhelmed. 

And also a thing about procrastination: always postpone as much as you can, performing only urgent tasks is so much more challenging and you should not want an easy life. 

I made that one up when I saw a quote from Bruce Lee (karate-man)

Don't wish for an easy life, wish for the strength to endure a hard life.

Children
No Data