Dealing with impatience/queues

Is impatience a particular thing of autism? How do people deal with it?

Parents
  • What I do recognise here is that I sometimes want to have something done, and then this can't wait. That got better, but it's still a bit of an issue. 

And it contrasts with the fact that I can't just drop everything and do it myself, so I know it's not fair to ask it from somebody else. 

• What I do recognise here is that I sometimes want to have something done, and then this can't wait. That got better, but it's still a bit of an issue. 

And it contrasts with the fact that I can't just drop everything and do it myself, so I know it's not fair to ask it from somebody else. 

Children
  • I'm OK doing step-by-step things - I have infinite patience explaining things or helping peeps with their English to give one example.

When I have an 'idea', I want it done immediately. I either do it straightaway - eg today, commenting on someone's urgent planning application. Done.

If I have an idea but can't get on with it (eg building a sculpture thing where I had to order something online) that is Much Harder.

• You hit the nail on the head there for me, I'm just the same. I get a bee in my bonnet and can't wait. I was like it today. Or I can wait forever about some things, or have inertia where I postpone it as if I'm frozen in time.