Dealing with impatience/queues

Is impatience a particular thing of autism? How do people deal with it?

Parents
  • What I do recognise here is that I sometimes want to have something done, and then this can't wait. That got better, but it's still a bit of an issue. 

And it contrasts with the fact that I can't just drop everything and do it myself, so I know it's not fair to ask it from somebody else. 

• I'm OK doing step-by-step things - I have infinite patience explaining things or helping peeps with their English to give one example.

When I have an 'idea', I want it done immediately. I either do it straightaway - eg today, commenting on someone's urgent planning application. Done.

If I have an idea but can't get on with it (eg building a sculpture thing where I had to order something online) that is Much Harder.

• I'm now teaching my daughter how to drive a car. I tried that before with my sister, but we gave up. Now it goes. 

This is something I'm really very happy about, it also happens exactly how I had imagined it, now I made some sticks to help with the paralel parking. I also got better with the 'not too much information at once', and 'try to figure this out for yourself'... I don't want to rush things, I know she now needs to get lots of exercise and she'll have lesser days in the future. This now needs to get an automatism for her so she can focus on the other traffic in stead of on the mechanical part.

• I'm now teaching my daughter how to drive a car. I tried that before with my sister, but we gave up. Now it goes. 

This is something I'm really very happy about, it also happens exactly how I had imagined it, now I made some sticks to help with the paralel parking. I also got better with the 'not too much information at once', and 'try to figure this out for yourself'... I don't want to rush things, I know she now needs to get lots of exercise and she'll have lesser days in the future. This now needs to get an automatism for her so she can focus on the other traffic in stead of on the mechanical part.

Children
No Data