This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does anyone else get angry learning topics outside your special interests?

(28 F) I become furiously angry trying to learn math and this makes it even more difficult to concentrate because I end up either giving up or skipping through parts I should be paying more attention to out of resentment that I don't "get it" right away. Every other subject I have no issues learning or retaining information. It's been this way since early childhood and now it's the Achilles heel that is preventing me from graduating from college (I've taken college Calculus 5 times!)

I feel ridiculous/ashamed as a 28 yr old adult throwing an inner temper tantrum simply bc I don't immediately understand something, but after going to tutoring/therapy/wasting hours staring at the same tutorials I'm still stuck in the same spot, which leads to even more frustration and wanting to just give up.

Logically, I know I'm capable of learning if I can get past this mental block, just not sure how to stop feeling triggered/anxious/terrified by math. Any suggestions on how to make learning something you don't enjoy more interesting? Thanks in advance HeartPray tone2

[Links removed by Moderator]