Awful awful day ending in tears

I just cant figure people out. I really cant. I dont try I mess things up, i try and mess things up.

Started off someone feeling underappreciated on a project so i bought her a bottle of wine and messaged saying will leave it for her (social distancing) and said it's a thank you for all you do. Well this caused offence and i was told to keep it! I apologised saying I'm sorry I meant it as appreciation and no offence. I've never said anything about her I barely know her but I was organising the work

Then upset someone I've known for 5 minutes. I'd cancelled plans the other night explained I get anxious meeting new people etc. Then she explained she understood and if I ever want to talk shes there. Was really nice. Today I've not seen her at all but someone i thought was a friend, her husband who's meant to help with a medical issue knew that I was meant to be working today (never met him and decided not to use him  as I cant find his credentials) anyway he turns up and this new lady was there. He starts telling her about why I'd called him! ! Blatant data protection issue for a start. She said I'll stop you there and she messaged me saying he told me about your issue! (Nothing disturbing at all but I dont want to disclose for my identity) anyway the lady I hoped to be friends with said I need distance from you (meaning me) my potential new friend gone. I asked my husband to check my messages but nothing untoward. 

I ended up in tears as I try so bloody hard but mess up. Why cant I have 1 friend? I'm honest, caring, kind. I get hurt alot

Parents Reply Children
  • It would annoy me too.     I agree with you - there's a lot of people involved with charities that are just in it for an eventual MBE or something.   

Stand your ground - and if they don't like being called out, then maybe they will think a bit more before blaming the wrong people.

• So theres the voluntary thing I'm doing, I thought it odd they asked for my help but being its for a good cause i went for it. Today however i feel like we were called in to be used as a scape goat and I'm angry. As usual i cant give info away as a few people i think use this site. But someones accused us of vandalism basically. But it deffinatly wasent us and I know exactly who it will be but no evidence (related to who asked for my help). It was called out on facebook so I replied it's not us and let them know the areas we worked in. The person in charge didnt reply publically but private messaged me saying I shouldnt reply on facebook and should ignore messages! I replied I'm not being blamed or having the group of volunteers who have worked incredibly hard for you being blamed for something that isnt anything to do with us. She replied a thumbs up. I'm fuming! You try and do a good deed and get screwed over! I dont understand people at all. Every charity I've helped has people in it for own gain. The last one had missing funds and simple maths in my head i asked wheres the missing funds as the kids will miss out. The treasurer and secretary then disappeared a few months then quit making me out to be the bad guy as I'd angered them but the missing funds never appeared!

• Never stop trying to be nice to people - a clear conscience makes it easier to live with yourself.

Do you know any nerdy/sciencey types?    They're often more accepting and interesting to deal with.