Diagnosed today

Hi

Today I was diagnosed with Autism.

Feeling good and bad.

Parents
  • https://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis/adults/after.aspx

Greetings... the link I post is (apparently) the latest link to a page from NAS about "post diagnosis"... Maybe this will be useful to read. And also check out this forum - the search box is upon the Home page, top right, three lines.

...Regardless of this, sorry, I was just wondering: How did You manage to get a diagnosis (official?) during all of this so-called "lockdown" business? (I think it possible in a virtual way, but I was wondering how You did it.) It would be helpful to know due to an awful lot of posts here lately stating that They cannot get a diagnosis due to not being able to visit a Hospital/Assessor *in person*.

...After all of that... Welcome to the Forum, have a look around, and feel free to reply (politely) to anything/anyone. There are good points and bad points about Autism exactly as there are good points and bad points about being Allistic (non-Autistic/"NT")... and also about life in general. Just think about Your own strengths, what You enjoy, and focus upon building  those.

Good Luck.

• Hi  I had a one face to face session (pre covid) then a long phone call and finallly an asseessment with Zoom. They also spoke to my wife and my Mother

• had a one face to face session (pre covid) then a long phone call and finallly an asseessment with Zoom.

("pre-covid"... Ah... okayyyy... not sure what to say about that part. The rest was what I imagined... but, well, so that is that, but Glad to read that You are feeling more positive. Just keep learning about it (Autism & Your own strengths)... Times are Weird right now, so whatever happens is not normal and has nothing to do with Autism. Thanks for the reply, certainly, and, certainly, others will give better replies than mine here if You care to stick around.)

(..."Bish"... "Bosh - Look All That Dosh!")

• had a one face to face session (pre covid) then a long phone call and finallly an asseessment with Zoom.

("pre-covid"... Ah... okayyyy... not sure what to say about that part. The rest was what I imagined... but, well, so that is that, but Glad to read that You are feeling more positive. Just keep learning about it (Autism & Your own strengths)... Times are Weird right now, so whatever happens is not normal and has nothing to do with Autism. Thanks for the reply, certainly, and, certainly, others will give better replies than mine here if You care to stick around.)

(..."Bish"... "Bosh - Look All That Dosh!")

Children