Just shut up

So here I am mapping out how to interact with my wife.

I need to ignore her snips the constant injecting herself commenting on everything.

Or is it me am I too sensitive to her, I'm going to work on just ignoring the jibs, respond when she talks kindley.

I get it she gets annoyed everytime I challenge her on something, she needs to be heard  and achknowledge and respected even if I don't agree with what she's saying or telling me

about me.

She needs her opinions listened to.

This is hard for me, any thoughts welcome

Parents
  • Hi Matthew, I think as others have said you and your wife need to get a third party into the situation. Can you get any time together without the kids and get out of the eye of this storm, stop, breathe and start talking to one another. 

You can't do it in the heat of the moment. 

I've seen your other posts and I have noticed that you have plenty of ideas and are more resourceful than you think. But you really need help in the form of a referee. Please call a marriage counsellor or someone to look after the kids while you and your wife deal with these acute problems. Some counsellors take emergency calls. 

• Hi Plectrum

Thank you , I really feel the warmth in your words.

The issue is the councilors always take my side and don't kick my *** and my wife is done with councilors even the 1st one that

is trained in helping those with Aspergers.

So I need to find another for me.

My wife wont do anymore work on herself or together as she's done enough and its on me to step up and evolve and better myself and come out of my comfort zone.

• Counsellors are about chemistry, if one doesn't work I advise looking for one that has the right chemistry.

Or, maybe you know what you want to do but it's too painful to contemplate. In that case this is really about figuring out how you see your future panning out. 

• Counsellors are about chemistry, if one doesn't work I advise looking for one that has the right chemistry.

Or, maybe you know what you want to do but it's too painful to contemplate. In that case this is really about figuring out how you see your future panning out. 

Children