Help! I need book recommendations for living with ADS partner ️

Hi all,

I am asking you adults with ASD or partners of ASD people because you are the most knowledgeable and experienced!!

I desperately need good book recommendations for how to thrive in a relationship with an ASD partner, specifically Aspergers.  I am a neurotypical female and I’m struggling I’m my NT/AS marriage. My husband is loyal and lovely, kind and intelligent but we have a lot of problems. Please send me some book titles and authors that may have helped you!! Especially about partners with Aspergers. Pray tone3Pray tone3Pray tone3 Thank you! HeartHeartHeart

My partner has undiagnosed Aspergers, and I’m having a hard time being understanding loving and patient. I often feel criticized and like I’m walking on eggshells all the time, I never know when he will get upset with me for doing something that isn't within his routine and expectations. It makes me feel stuck and controlled. I want to be able to make compromises and have teamwork in our relationship - eg money choices, social life, weekly schedule. But instead I feel like I always do what he wants to avoid him getting moody and upset and withdrawing from me for hours at a time, usually until I agree to do things his way.

I greatly want to understand him and improve our relationship and communication. Cheers! 

Parents
  • I really admire your openness and willingness to learn more about how to improve your relationship with your ASD partner. Navigating such dynamics can indeed be challenging, but seeking knowledge and support is a great step forward.

• I really admire your openness and willingness to learn more about how to improve your relationship with your ASD partner. Navigating such dynamics can indeed be challenging, but seeking knowledge and support is a great step forward.

Children
No Data