Noise Cancelling headphones

Hi

I'm finding the lockdown difficult with my noisy neighbours. Can anyone recommend good noise cancelling headphones? I think they could get me through the lockdown without having a meltdown.

Parents
  • Hi

Anyone know which headphones are best for particuarly cancelling out the higher pitched noises or just muffling them a lot?  I have to use a mobility scooter which makes a kind of higher pitched whine especially trying to get up big hills. 

Also to block out noises when battery goes in fire alarm at night and it makes that annoying high pitched single shrill high pitched beep every few minutes.  (I live on own and can't always get someone out immediately to change the battery) but it's one of the noises that trigger meltdown for me. I end up having to cut power off at mains to the room/area the alarm is in. 

Also ..does the noise cancelling feature only work if the batteries are charged on them?  and how does the bluetooth work so I could have a CD player on in another room with bluetooth facility to hear the music from another room with the headphones on?  (or sat outside in the garden).

Thanks

Kit

• oh the sony ones have amazon Alexa so do the Bose ones! Any WITHOUT amazon Alexa as have an intense dislike for Amazon's listening devices in my home. or do Amazon have complete control over this market too? 

• There seems to be no ability to edit posts after you sent them? or maybe I just can't find the menu!! 

Really annoyed that the Rose Gold one's that would match my Macbook and iPhone have the damn Alexa built in too! Anyone know if you can at least turn the feature off if you don't have any Amazon listening devices in the house at all?

Assuming there's no way they could activate them externally if you don't have any other Amazon Alexa devices in the house for the headphones to connect to?

• Hello Kit McDaydream,

Just seen one of your posts about trying to edit a post. I didn’t know how to do that either. But it can be done. Once you have posted something, if you want to edit it? Just click on ( more ) which is highlighted in purple at the bottom of the post. Then you can delete parts of it, or add bits in. Then press the reply button, and it should change it straight away Slight smile

• Hello Kit McDaydream,

Just seen one of your posts about trying to edit a post. I didn’t know how to do that either. But it can be done. Once you have posted something, if you want to edit it? Just click on ( more ) which is highlighted in purple at the bottom of the post. Then you can delete parts of it, or add bits in. Then press the reply button, and it should change it straight away Slight smile

Children
No Data