Coping with NT parent nit understanding

I have a parent who doesn't understand other people let alone autism even though i have explained many times and she has looked up info herself and i provided but seems like she cant remember.

We co rent and i have lent her £800 of which she paid 250 back but has said that all the help she's given is enough and on other times has said she will pay it back,i dont believe her.

She helps me everyday but goes to my sister who abused me when i was little to see her grandchild.

I can't live on my own or at least not without my dog and someone to meet up with daily, i cant work atm because I'm not fit enough.

I try my best all the time to help others when i can but when i ask for help, i get it grudgingly and feel so under appreciated.

I know i need to get strong enough to support myself but i know i need help getting to that point

• Few alarm bells here, not sure but you may want a look at this page https://www.facebook.com/dysfunctionalfamilies.recovery/ (I have alternate links if not on FB, let me know)

In terms of supporting yourself, what kind of thing might you like to do and what holds you back the most?

I made myself unemployable due to mental health issues after years of trying to do things the 'normal' way. Eventually went **** this and started online as work therapy and developed my own thing gradually. After many, many false starts I found systems that work. Assuming you're not sure how to start I'd advise starting around 6-7 social profiles/pages/groups etc on different subjects. See which get most engagement/interest and which you enjoy talking about most, also pay attention to how they evolve and change.

Look at the best, see what problems it solves for people or why they are there. Think about what products/services/courses could solve things better or be of further interest and build from there. Takes time to develop but even if not pursued it makes great work therapy and you can learn universally useful skills at your own pace, and in a environment you have a great level of control.

If you're looking for short term, my standard suggestion is flipping items, this can be done with 0 investment provided you have a little storage space. E.G. find free items on craigslist or similar (check quality/condition). Search Ebay/Facebook marketplace etc to see if it sells and how much for (Search for completed sales, make sure it actually sold at that price recently). 

• I don’t think there’s any single approach to solving thus issue, but if you feel you need people to talk to at least (seeing as meeting with people is an impossibility with coronavirus) then maybe the starting point is there - either chatting time people through here or other sources. As for the family situation, I’m not sure what to recommend there.