Does anyone else view NT's as fake?..

I truly mean no offense by this...and its not a blanket statement....but ,for some reason, i see the mannerisms and speech of NT's as fundamentally fake....in a general sense...And i think its actually the ego im bothered by....And of course, i have ego also....but i think its displayed in a whole different way with Autism spectrum...

Ive only just got my finger on this...and not fully expounding, (not feeling physically great today) but i hope you all catch what im trying to say.

Parents
  • There's a lot of fakery out there but I'm not sure how much relates to a particular neurotype.  There are also, it seems, different kinds of fakery.  I do remember, many years ago and before knowing that I'm autistic, reading "Games People Play" and it really chimed with me.  Much of the usual human interaction around us seems to me to fall into the category of games or passtimes rather than real communication but I think this might be inculcated into us all from birth onwards. 

That said, the games always exhausted me and I yearned for more authenticity, which, when I attempted it, always seemed to unsettle people.  I didn't get the impression that they wanted to drill down and lose the gaminess.  But maybe my neurodivergent mind has a different relationship to the games?  Or maybe I'm actually playing a hard game of "I know a better way?"  I'm not sure.  Certainly I couldn't keep it up for as long as others seem to and this might be because my gaming was usually masking, whether theirs was a better fit and more consistent with their characters. 

So I can stand outside the usual games but maybe fall into the habit of taking an "Emperor's New Clothes" stance to life.  And people don't like having the finger pointed.  :)      

• There's a lot of fakery out there but I'm not sure how much relates to a particular neurotype.  There are also, it seems, different kinds of fakery.  I do remember, many years ago and before knowing that I'm autistic, reading "Games People Play" and it really chimed with me.  Much of the usual human interaction around us seems to me to fall into the category of games or passtimes rather than real communication but I think this might be inculcated into us all from birth onwards. 

That said, the games always exhausted me and I yearned for more authenticity, which, when I attempted it, always seemed to unsettle people.  I didn't get the impression that they wanted to drill down and lose the gaminess.  But maybe my neurodivergent mind has a different relationship to the games?  Or maybe I'm actually playing a hard game of "I know a better way?"  I'm not sure.  Certainly I couldn't keep it up for as long as others seem to and this might be because my gaming was usually masking, whether theirs was a better fit and more consistent with their characters. 

So I can stand outside the usual games but maybe fall into the habit of taking an "Emperor's New Clothes" stance to life.  And people don't like having the finger pointed.  :)      

Children
No Data