Coding as a career?

Hi

So I have tried Scratch, abit, on my raspberry pi and liked it.  Took a lot of concentration but was wondering with the rise of AI, if it was worth pursuing as a career.

I tried a legal career and couldn’t even get my foot in the door.  So taking later risk of upgrading my computer to do this is, worrying. 

Anyone got any advice?

Parents
  • If you can code, you can learn to programme PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers).    They are used absolutely everywhere in industry in production environments controlling everything from conveyor lines to environment controls to vacuum systems to lighting systems - they are simply a box with some inputs and outputs with a little programme running to look at the input, make decisions and drive the appropriate outputs.

There are only a few major manufacturers (like Siemens or ABB) and their training is all on-line so you can train yourself at home - and you can get an old unit from ebay to practice with.    There is a whole range from little 4-input, 4 output modules all the way up to complex expandable systems to run whole factories with graphical MMI.!

There are always jobs in this niche industry - on BIG money.

• If you can code, you can learn to programme PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers).    They are used absolutely everywhere in industry in production environments controlling everything from conveyor lines to environment controls to vacuum systems to lighting systems - they are simply a box with some inputs and outputs with a little programme running to look at the input, make decisions and drive the appropriate outputs.

There are only a few major manufacturers (like Siemens or ABB) and their training is all on-line so you can train yourself at home - and you can get an old unit from ebay to practice with.    There is a whole range from little 4-input, 4 output modules all the way up to complex expandable systems to run whole factories with graphical MMI.!

There are always jobs in this niche industry - on BIG money.

Children
No Data