Coding as a career?

Hi

So I have tried Scratch, abit, on my raspberry pi and liked it.  Took a lot of concentration but was wondering with the rise of AI, if it was worth pursuing as a career.

I tried a legal career and couldn’t even get my foot in the door.  So taking later risk of upgrading my computer to do this is, worrying. 

Anyone got any advice?

Parents
  • As a means of preventative Covid 19 self-isolation, i have started working on electronics, micro-controllers and their coding. Arduino, Basic Stamp and others. There's an Arduino Starter Kit on the way.. I tend to think of it as comparatively cheap edutainment, as I really do like fixing things; despite some obvious dyspraxia. It's my way of persisting in trying to solve my  life issues. It might also lead to some sort of informal employment arrangement. Or I can just do it to look after my own life. I love working with wood really, but even more traditional skills can come with a digital (and analogue) makeover these days.

I am basically retired and well over 60, but I look on this as a means to supplement my handicraft skills, rather than a career move. I'm very interested in the IOE, but I'm much more interested in environmental monitoring than in robotics. And I'm constantly thinking about energy conservation and the whole idea of reuse/recycle/repurpose. I am very much in favour of having a second life/career. I like the idea of dying while still doing. ;-)  Raspberry Pi also appeals, and i have also been doing an online course on Python for data analysis. I'm not sure I really want the badge that goes with that course, but at least I'm getting some sort of practice in before i actually purchase a Raspberry Pi.

• As a means of preventative Covid 19 self-isolation, i have started working on electronics, micro-controllers and their coding. Arduino, Basic Stamp and others. There's an Arduino Starter Kit on the way.. I tend to think of it as comparatively cheap edutainment, as I really do like fixing things; despite some obvious dyspraxia. It's my way of persisting in trying to solve my  life issues. It might also lead to some sort of informal employment arrangement. Or I can just do it to look after my own life. I love working with wood really, but even more traditional skills can come with a digital (and analogue) makeover these days.

I am basically retired and well over 60, but I look on this as a means to supplement my handicraft skills, rather than a career move. I'm very interested in the IOE, but I'm much more interested in environmental monitoring than in robotics. And I'm constantly thinking about energy conservation and the whole idea of reuse/recycle/repurpose. I am very much in favour of having a second life/career. I like the idea of dying while still doing. ;-)  Raspberry Pi also appeals, and i have also been doing an online course on Python for data analysis. I'm not sure I really want the badge that goes with that course, but at least I'm getting some sort of practice in before i actually purchase a Raspberry Pi.

Children