Start-up business help for autistic adults

I'm new to the forum but have scoured it for similar threads.  Is there any start-up help for autistic adults in a business especially social enterprise.

I know about resources such as Business Gateway or the relevant desk at the DWP, but the local branches are equally unsure. 

• I would like to run a CIC (Community Interest Company) providing peer support and small groups to help people be more artistic/reative. I am a very good drawer and have recently ended up out of work due to being in the wrong job (working intensively with young people as a mentor). I have always dreamed of being my own business and had started a facebook page when I entered the mental health system and later traced my biological father. So far I have registered a name and found a few friends to help on the facebook page. The mentoring has been mixed as I struggle with trust and maintaining relationships and there were a few times that I felt it wast the right fit for me, (hard to explain). 

• It's awesome that you're exploring the world of start-ups and social enterprise. While there might not be a one-size-fits-all answer, I've heard that some organizations or initiatives focus on supporting neurodiverse individuals in entrepreneurship.

In addition to Business Gateway and the DWP, you might want to check out organizations that specifically cater to supporting individuals with autism or neurodiversity in business endeavors. They could have valuable insights, resources, and perhaps even mentorship programs tailored to your needs.

By the way, have you ever come across the term 409a valuation? It's an interesting concept related to business valuation that you might find useful down the entrepreneurial road..

• Starting a business, especially a social enterprise, can be an exciting journey. For autistic adults looking to venture into entrepreneurship, there are resources and support available to help you get started.

In addition to Business Gateway and DWP, you may want to explore other organizations and programs that specifically cater to individuals with autism who are interested in entrepreneurship. These resources can provide valuable guidance, mentorship, and training to kickstart your start-up.

If you're interested in starting a business, you can find helpful tips and insights on [link removed by moderator]. Remember, the key is to research, plan, and take one step at a time towards achieving your business goals.

• I was a business novice and decided to explore franchises that contain everything you need to know and do to make it a success. I've always been a solitary worker able to utilize my skills with practical activities.  I have  electro-mechanical  training so any type of that sort of activity suited me.  I discovered a tree stump grinding franchise that allowed me to do my own maintenance and repairs on a diesel powered hydraulically operated tree stump grinder. I advise you to look for a franchise allowing you to utilize your own skill set. After completion of my first contract I had learned enough to do it for myself as a new start up business.

• Hello there. I'm glad this thread is getting some attention again. I'd like to share my 2 cents. As for your question, have you considered writing a business plan? It's an essential tool for any entrepreneur, and it can help you organize your thoughts and ideas, identify potential problems, and create a roadmap for success. Here's more info about it https://www.ogscapital.com/faq/. It's important to have a solid plan, especially when starting a social enterprise. Don't be afraid to reach out to local business organizations. Good luck with your start-up!

• How are you getting on with your business idea? Northern ireland has a lot of help for new startups. Not specifically geared towards people with autism. Would it be worthwhile getting local help tho not specifically autistic related like the gateway or DWP, and pick the useful stuff out. I've been in business 4 years now and it's a learning curve! First steps are the trickiest...keep going Slight smile

• I hope that you managed to set up your business. I can only add that there are some resources available specifically for autistic entrepreneurs. The Autistic Entrepreneur is a website that offers advice and resources for starting a business as an autistic individual. Also, you might want to check out the National Autistic Society, as they have a lot of information on employment and entrepreneurship for autistic individuals. I think that Jeremy Houghton might have expertise in this area. You could reach out to him on LinkedIn to see if he has any advice or connections that could be helpful. Best of luck!

• Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble finding resources to help you get started in the business. I did a quick search of the forum and didn't find any specific threads about this topic, but I did find a few available resources that might be helpful to you. The handiest one, I think, is a website called Autism Speaks. They have a section on their site dedicated to resources for adults with autism. They have a lot of information about employment, education, and independent living. Also, guys from Belkins (link removed by Mod)  may help you grow your business afterward. I hope you'll succeed! Cheers!

• I assume it is dysentery because an upset stomach from stale food cannot be accompanied by diarrhea for more than 7 days. A food intolerance test is a blood test determining the extent to which 150 food extracts and chemicals affect immune system cells. Some seemingly harmless substances are hostile to our immune system. Unfortunately, they are often the foods you love the most. Such foods cause a cytotoxic reaction, affecting some white blood cells. Left unchecked can lead to [removed by mod]

• Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble finding resources to help you get started in the business. I did a quick search of the forum and didn't find any specific threads about this topic, but I did find a few available resources that might be helpful to you. The handiest one, I think, is a website called Autism Speaks. They have a section on their site dedicated to resources for adults with autism. They have a lot of information about employment, education, and independent living. Also, guys from Belkins [removed by mod] may help you grow your business afterward. I hope you'll succeed! Cheers!

• It would be cool to see some stories from the other autistic people that have managed to build their businesses. I want to build my own small epoxy jewelry business and maybe later expand more. I have already done some good large project manager training on [removed by mod] Now I am learning more about the documents I need to have and the legislation I need to know before starting. Sometimes it is easier to say than do, and this is the exact cause. I have no one to explain the things that I don’t understand, and I have to look up the explanations on the Internet.

• How are your businesses doing now? Did you manage to start them?

• Going to be a long time before I get there, but this is one of the things I'm working towards developing. If you find anything let me know?