Does EMDR work for traumatised ASD people?

I have been bullied throughout my life and I have nightmares about being bullied in school as well as in workplaces.

I have had countless CBT therapists for depression, social phobia etc. I STILL have flashbacks, I shout out when I’m sleeping because I’ve been having nightmares about the scenarios that have been and gone and I’m being bullied in work again.

I want to try EMDR. Please has anybody on here had this and has it worked for you? How much are sessions roughly? Thanks

Parents
  • Similar experience to Herbal Tea. CBT useful for managing day to day stuff but not for trauma. EMDR worked very well for me. Process itself was pretty traumatic, as herbal tea says, but worth it because it worked. I had i think 4 sessions in total. You definately needto look after yourself afterwards and also find a therapist you really trust.

• Similar experience to Herbal Tea. CBT useful for managing day to day stuff but not for trauma. EMDR worked very well for me. Process itself was pretty traumatic, as herbal tea says, but worth it because it worked. I had i think 4 sessions in total. You definately needto look after yourself afterwards and also find a therapist you really trust.

Children
  • You also asked how much - i paid £100 per session, so quite expensive (that was with a clinical psychologist though who i had already seen for a few sessions, might be less with someone who is just qualified for cbt/emdr.