Called Lazy...

So, the father of my boyfriend told my boyfriend today that i'm useless and that my sleeping habits have nothing to do with autism but being lazy.  So much for getting a diagnoses and aiming for acceptance ;) Well, anyway. I'm so called lazy cause i don't work... i don't get up early, i'm currently in a bad habit of sleeping til 1pm in the afternoon. I have NO energy left in my entire body... i am behind the computer almost all day or behind my PS4 in the sofa... I enjoy being at home cause i can relax as i have to deal with a lot of worries and thoughts in my head. Sometimes, i just FEEL that i can't do anything. I have to even force myself to take a bath or to even make a payment. I'm in a severe auti- burn out... for years now. I don't take medication as i'm scared of the side effects. I am just scared of everything ... but i hate being called ''lazy''...  My partner also has autism but less severe as he takes medicine... He used to be pretty much like me too in the past but due the medication he can function. He even has a job now... but his parents kinda forced him and they ignore his autism for the most part. Today they had a fight cause he did not want to help his dad with a task and they all blame it on me. They think he will become lazy too. It's partly true, cause its a very toxic relationship (not us as people but our concerns, and our autism, that i wrote in another post on here) So i can understand his lack of energy too and that he refuses to help his parents on occasions when he is tired. But i really can't take it, that i have a diagnoses now and that people STILL call me lazy..... and talk about my shortcomings. NOTHING has changed since my diagnoses, nothing! :( 

Are there people on here with similar problems?

Moonmaiden

Parents
  • feel free to ignore everything I say 

yea this is a familar complaint ( diagnosis changes very little ) . but to pull the positive out of this. 

1. they do care about u - they are trying to help by calling u LAZY !. I know its not nice, but people are not perfect and say the wrong things all the time, repeatedly.

2. It sounds to me your sleeping habits have got out of control. This happens to all sorts of people and isnt good for you. 

3. I suffer from lack of energy all the time. set yourself some personal goals. work / a job is one of the best things to turn around your mental well being. WIthout my job I would be exactly like you. 

4. volunteer in some organisation u like as a start to get references ( dog walker whatever, local charity shop ) and stick at it for 6 months - 1 year at least.

start in small steps. volunteer for 1-2 days tops.

alternatively if u have a hobby you are good at start producing stuff and try and sell it on ebay etc 

life is short. 

Temple Grandin ( look her up ) always says "You cant use autism as an excuse".  

get an apprentice position ?

you have skills. u have abilities. use them

feel free to ignore everything I say 

• Temple Grandin isnt right about everything/..

Reply Children
No Data