Police are dangerous for those on the autistic spectrum

Police do not understand autism and will readily interpret our unusual actions as criminal wherever possible, especially if they think they can make a financial benefit from doing so.

I am keen to try and help educate the police and legal system and look for opportunities

Birmingham tried to do something useful a few years ago but it never got progressed https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/557/adults_with_autism_and_the_criminal_justice_system_november_2012.pdf

Parents
  • I believe that the problem is threefold

1. The police have targets to meet.  So arresting and charging a vulnerable person who is easy to misunderstand,  makes them an easy soft target.
    2. Ignorance and prejudice towards autistics.  Some people regard them as dangerous,  suicidal, and unpredictable psychos. 
    3. It's now fashionable to solve Internet crime.  If one makes threats over the Internet,  it is taken very seriously and there is concrete proof of what was written and an electronic record of the computer and users etc.   If one makes the same threats or comment face to face, to someone, then it's one person's word against another and the police tend to ignore these unsolvable crimes which have no proof.
  • Good points. I think the police focus on internet stuff and in my case made a scam trap look genuine. I found the police were not honest 

• ...A certain Person well seasoned whom I hoped would reply has replied... Thank You as always!

I do have GREAT trouble with Threads where a person starts a topic then adds more seemingly disparate subjects which link to the main.

an implied suicide threat

...Now I get it. Again, as I tried to say... Yes this makes sense and Yes it is very very bad. The word "suicide" makes most persons simply jump their "Train of thought" onto a totally different Track, if You know what I mean. 

Alas, again, the awful deed is done, and so I can offer nothing else but advice to LEARN from it. You ask if I have some link to the Law/Police, and I suppose not, but I am (lately) very aware of how words can be taken - or jumped upon - by persons and used, misused or misunderstood. Mr Robert123 gives excellent points, so watch out for those in future. It is very difficult to be careful when under pressure/stress (rushed &or lied to)...

...speaking of which, someone else has just posted as I type this!! I meant to say, always check Your own feelings, and if it seems like something is not going to go how You need, then say nothing or make certain to ask for support or clarification. Use of the word "suicide" is a massive word, just like "racism", and it helps to learn how "spin" and "The Law" works, even if One is neither a Politician or a Policeman.

Sorry this is so long... but a lot of this could start a lot of other Threads. (Spin, obfuscation, Misunderstanding, & such.) Good Fortune To You in any case...

• ...A certain Person well seasoned whom I hoped would reply has replied... Thank You as always!

I do have GREAT trouble with Threads where a person starts a topic then adds more seemingly disparate subjects which link to the main.

an implied suicide threat

...Now I get it. Again, as I tried to say... Yes this makes sense and Yes it is very very bad. The word "suicide" makes most persons simply jump their "Train of thought" onto a totally different Track, if You know what I mean. 

Alas, again, the awful deed is done, and so I can offer nothing else but advice to LEARN from it. You ask if I have some link to the Law/Police, and I suppose not, but I am (lately) very aware of how words can be taken - or jumped upon - by persons and used, misused or misunderstood. Mr Robert123 gives excellent points, so watch out for those in future. It is very difficult to be careful when under pressure/stress (rushed &or lied to)...

...speaking of which, someone else has just posted as I type this!! I meant to say, always check Your own feelings, and if it seems like something is not going to go how You need, then say nothing or make certain to ask for support or clarification. Use of the word "suicide" is a massive word, just like "racism", and it helps to learn how "spin" and "The Law" works, even if One is neither a Politician or a Policeman.

Sorry this is so long... but a lot of this could start a lot of other Threads. (Spin, obfuscation, Misunderstanding, & such.) Good Fortune To You in any case...

Children
No Data