Communication of pain difficulties

Hi all. Does anyone else suffer with this. I'll explain as well as I can.

So a few weeks back I slipped and hit my head on the ground. My head was cut open and hurt so bad it felt like my face had been ripped off. I did have other injuries but all I could feel mainly was my head. I was taken to hospital but they sat me in a and e. I was so uncomfortable all I wanted to do was sleep. The pain got so bad I laid on the floor just to relieve the pressure on my back. I got told off by the staff but I explained it hurt too much to sit. They still got annoyed at me. I couldnt work out why as I was in so much pain why did they act this way! 

I was left on a bed in a room, I was just laying there in agony for ages. A doctor glued my head up then said right you can go now. I struggled to put my coat on and he put a leaflet in my shoe. I then had someone saying come on out now we need the bed. I was foggy, confused, in alot of pain. 

I made it to the car park, stopping alot of the way and i couldnt walk straight. A week later the wounds infected so I see the gp. I think I'm just there for antibiotics but shes concerned as it turns out I have concussion and she wants me to get checked out st hospital. I dont see the point as I'll just be in pain there then sent home. So I go home. My memory is improving slowly and I'm not almost passing out now. 

I know others who go to hospital with tiny things and get proper treatment. They didnt even xray my wrist which was painful, swollen and had a hard lump sticking out. (Still the same). 

In the past I broke my finger, as soon as I'd done it i told my mum. She got me to help carry the shopping. Only after a week of me saying it hurts did I find out it was broken.

I've injured my leg badly it eventually needed an operation but the dr said how on earth did you walk on that.

My husband thinks I need to act more, cry, apparently I dont show pain in my face! I find this an odd thing to do. If I say I'm in pain I'm in pain I cant act.

Anyone else have relaying your pain to the dr issues?

Parents
  • Talking to doctors is very hard. "On a scale of 1 to 10 how much does it hurt?" Well, I don't know. If 10 is the upper limit then I'm nowhere near being skinned alive while being stabbed repeatedly and impaled on a red hot stake while ants eat my eyes and my feet dissolve in acid. I'm probably only a five or six, despite the issue being my knee dislocating (which is apparently more painful than childbirth).

Of course, the doctor thinks that means I'm suffering the way he does when he has a splinter in his thumb, so he's annoyed at me for wasting his time. I mean, I'm not even writhing around in agony because I know I don't need to and it won't help, I'm suppressing it. Doesn't everyone?

• Talking to doctors is very hard. "On a scale of 1 to 10 how much does it hurt?" Well, I don't know. If 10 is the upper limit then I'm nowhere near being skinned alive while being stabbed repeatedly and impaled on a red hot stake while ants eat my eyes and my feet dissolve in acid. I'm probably only a five or six, despite the issue being my knee dislocating (which is apparently more painful than childbirth).

Of course, the doctor thinks that means I'm suffering the way he does when he has a splinter in his thumb, so he's annoyed at me for wasting his time. I mean, I'm not even writhing around in agony because I know I don't need to and it won't help, I'm suppressing it. Doesn't everyone?

Children