Finding a relationship

Hello, 

Please can you anyone help me with what I am struggling the most, 

I have to find a relationship or taking next steps to finding love, however I have tried dating sites, I just got turned down and I present myself very well. I connect very well people and i have no trouble communicating with people, 

I don't know if im rushing things or how I'm seeking a relationship I'm not doing it right i don't know. I concert worry about ill be on my own for near future? 

Any advice? 

Thanks 

Parents
  • I'm thinking about expunging the fact that i am Autistic from my dating profile.  I guess my ideal person would not care but the world is far from ideal.   I need to con someone into thinking i'm an normal person and then tell them about ASD when they're already too far in.  Play it like an NT would.  Thoughts anyone?  Did you reveal that you were ASD in the text? I'm guessing no for most people.

• A few years back when I got involved in this nonsense thinking that I would find happiness through it, I was naive and stupid enough to think that people accepted each other for who they are in that environment. That's the spin from the sites anyway, and they are more than happy to take people's cash of course. Sounds like it's even worse now if you're asking others to help you to tell lies about yourself and con people! I still wish you well though, and I hope that your confidence, self-esteem, trust of other people etc etc doesn't end up on the floor like mine still is to an extent. Honesty is definitely not the best policy it seems, and what basis is that for a relationship!

• I have previously had some rough experiences with them. I didn't tell other people i was Autistic then.  Not paying for anything these days.  Plastic is probably right about people only using them for an ego boost and sex. It's all tinder these days anyway isn't it. I'm not getting involved in that! Think i'll stick to OKcupid with the other oddballs. Need to find the oddball for me.

• I agree with you about saturday night TV and mass culture generally. As soon as people start talking about that I am completely lost. Unfortunately it seems that for a lot of people their lives revolve around it as you say. It's pointless being friends or more with someone if you're not going to be happy, which goes back to the lesser of two evils thing.

There are good and bad Meetups I think, but that goes for most things I suppose. I got chatting to a lady at one about 18 months ago and it was uncanny how we seemed to be on the same wavelength about pretty much everything, similar interests etc. She admitted to suffering from social anxiety etc but I got the impression that she liked chatting to people. Anyway, we kept in touch when she left the UK to return to her home country, but after a few months she said that she was struggling a bit and didn't want to talk much and I haven't heard from her since. I'm very worried about what has happened to her and I still miss being able to talk to her. I should say that it was only a friendship but one that I valued very much for the short while that it lasted.

I think this relates to what you say about your friend from the past in that I think that you're right that we only tend to click with people who have similar 'issues' to us. I apologise if that terminology causes inadvertent offence, but hopefully you know what I'm trying to say. By virtue of that it's probably inevitable that they may seem distant/aloof etc at times which doesn't really help any kind of relationship. I would admit that my recent experiences have driven me even more into my shell, which makes me less inclined to make the effort to try and meet someone. It's a real chicken and egg thing isn't it. Maybe you agree?

You have to go with your gut instinct I think. If it was me and I wanted more than friendship with someone then I think that you have to blurt something out sooner or later don't you, but if not then don't! I definitely think that men and women can be friends but I know this opinion is far from universally held.

• I agree with you about saturday night TV and mass culture generally. As soon as people start talking about that I am completely lost. Unfortunately it seems that for a lot of people their lives revolve around it as you say. It's pointless being friends or more with someone if you're not going to be happy, which goes back to the lesser of two evils thing.

There are good and bad Meetups I think, but that goes for most things I suppose. I got chatting to a lady at one about 18 months ago and it was uncanny how we seemed to be on the same wavelength about pretty much everything, similar interests etc. She admitted to suffering from social anxiety etc but I got the impression that she liked chatting to people. Anyway, we kept in touch when she left the UK to return to her home country, but after a few months she said that she was struggling a bit and didn't want to talk much and I haven't heard from her since. I'm very worried about what has happened to her and I still miss being able to talk to her. I should say that it was only a friendship but one that I valued very much for the short while that it lasted.

I think this relates to what you say about your friend from the past in that I think that you're right that we only tend to click with people who have similar 'issues' to us. I apologise if that terminology causes inadvertent offence, but hopefully you know what I'm trying to say. By virtue of that it's probably inevitable that they may seem distant/aloof etc at times which doesn't really help any kind of relationship. I would admit that my recent experiences have driven me even more into my shell, which makes me less inclined to make the effort to try and meet someone. It's a real chicken and egg thing isn't it. Maybe you agree?

You have to go with your gut instinct I think. If it was me and I wanted more than friendship with someone then I think that you have to blurt something out sooner or later don't you, but if not then don't! I definitely think that men and women can be friends but I know this opinion is far from universally held.

Children
No Data