Finding a relationship

Hello, 

Please can you anyone help me with what I am struggling the most, 

I have to find a relationship or taking next steps to finding love, however I have tried dating sites, I just got turned down and I present myself very well. I connect very well people and i have no trouble communicating with people, 

I don't know if im rushing things or how I'm seeking a relationship I'm not doing it right i don't know. I concert worry about ill be on my own for near future? 

Any advice? 

Thanks 

Parents
  • I'm thinking about expunging the fact that i am Autistic from my dating profile.  I guess my ideal person would not care but the world is far from ideal.   I need to con someone into thinking i'm an normal person and then tell them about ASD when they're already too far in.  Play it like an NT would.  Thoughts anyone?  Did you reveal that you were ASD in the text? I'm guessing no for most people.

• I'm thinking about expunging the fact that i am Autistic from my dating profile.  I guess my ideal person would not care but the world is far from ideal.   I need to con someone into thinking i'm an normal person and then tell them about ASD when they're already too far in.  Play it like an NT would.  Thoughts anyone?  Did you reveal that you were ASD in the text? I'm guessing no for most people.

Children
  • A few years back when I got involved in this nonsense thinking that I would find happiness through it, I was naive and stupid enough to think that people accepted each other for who they are in that environment. That's the spin from the sites anyway, and they are more than happy to take people's cash of course. Sounds like it's even worse now if you're asking others to help you to tell lies about yourself and con people! I still wish you well though, and I hope that your confidence, self-esteem, trust of other people etc etc doesn't end up on the floor like mine still is to an extent. Honesty is definitely not the best policy it seems, and what basis is that for a relationship!

• As somebody who is very new to autism, but had it all my life I would not mention it. It would be something I would bring up on a second, or third date. Dating is a matter of luck in the first time but ASD does make it some much more difficult.

• I would never mention I'm ASD in a profile - it's a spectrum condition but most people will imagine a RainMan-type person and immediately discount an otherwise perfect match.