Just approved my PIP and now I had a bombshell.

I was told I had a 10% or so chance in having my Mandatory Reconsideration accepted but it did indeed get approved. But I contacted the boss of my social worker and she said that that 2 of her users have to pay back there PIP back (Gradually, every week or so). She is appealing it but I have no hope in it being successful, she said i'm not under there raider at this point but I can see it coming and i'm screwed.

I don't fully understand it but she said they are putting it through.

I really relied on my benefits for bills and personal spending, without out I have nothing. I cant even spend it on clothes, nothing. I really been contemplating on it and just giving up and saying F it, just end it and save myself the hassle. I'm nothing anyway. I cant event say screw the benefits and just work, I can not even work, I have really bad anxiety and hardly step out of the door. I have tried a few times but failed. 

Really at loss

• did it? ive just had an email to say that the judge has received my letter and come to a decision on weather or not the courts decision should be set aside i included my GP letter and the hospital letters and social workers and metal health letter to support me. i thought the decision was made fast and therefore was a bad outcome if done so quickly. its been a battle. x

• great words. PIP does seem to be its own independent law. I find it very unnerving 

• hello, im currently battling PIP myself so believe me, i feel your pain. and the frustration of not being able to go to work and make it all go away, you HAVE to depend on this help. what ive learnt is make sure you have every shred of evidence and dont give up, i always say I will fight for what is right! always, even if im taking my last breath i will fight for the right thing. and this is no different, youve come this far now and you cant give up! dont let them win!!! in this world we all have to try to support each other more i think. You can do it! xx Take care and all the best 

Danni Rose x

• no one is nothing. this is so sad.

ok put up photos of ur drawings here let us see what u can do.

• Hi Lost0ne87,

You might want to call the NAS Helpline which can offer advice on benefits issues, including PIP, and can be found here - https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/contact.aspx. The charity Scope which SlipStream mentioned also has advice on PIP including how to appeal against a PIP decision (towards the bottom of this page) - https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/, and Citizens Advice might also be helpful, this is a link to their page on benefits - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/ 

Hopefully one of these will be helpful to you,
    Ross - mod

• I applied for PIP a couple of weeks back, not for Autism though.  I expect it to be an uphill struggle, much like the ESA is.  I'd say just bear with it.  I am considering whether to add my new ASD diagnosis to it though, but I suspect life threatening allergies and severe anxiety and depression may be sufficient.

• I love dark humour myself, but hate real violence. I'm a chicken in real life

• This week gone and it only took a short bit of time to accept it.

• You say youd like to work with reptiles on your page....Ever tried working at parliament house?...lol  lots of reptilian types there...lol

Also....my son who is Autistic(i am also) he likes Tool......i use to listen to them for a while sometime back..way back...but not my thing...too odd.!..plus my sons all into dark humour....i wonder if it can partly be a tism thing? 

• When did you win at mandatory? is this recent?

• No I been good, never break any rules.

• Why should they ask for the money back?

Unless, someone has been naughty,  told lies and been caught out.

• Have a good chat with your social worker...

If youve been awarded.I cant see what they would want money back.....Maybe the social workers Boss hasnt explained the matter correctly as it seems odd and somethings amiss !

The best site to go on is Scope.... theres loads of very knowledgable people there Especially poppy123456

Explain what youve explained here and im 99.99% sure youll find an answer my friend..

• I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling - this must be really stressful. 

The stuff about potentially having to pay PIP back sounds really odd. Have you tried contacting the Citizens' Advice Bureau to get advice on your situation?

Whatever you do, please don't give up - you're certainly not nothing and you deserve to have all the support you need.

• She said the government no longer wants to pay us and we have to pay it back to them per week at around 80 pounds a week which is my PIP payment (not including the other benefits) this means i wont have personal spending but can keep the money pre the PIP money that I have now.

Which I found odd as she said DLA was never for personal spending, ig new clothes. as goes with PIP but you need to live? I don't get it

• Admittedly, its a tricky one!

Are you saying your mandatory has been successful but PIP may over turn that? because why would you have to pay it back?  that would only happen , i would imagine, if they saw you going out constantly.....ie i assume due to the anxiety etc...That you stay in..

On that strength of evidence they have awarded you PIP at the mandatory stage..

I would not spend a penny...but keep it in your bank until you can find out more via the social worker... Look at it like, youre either saving your money...or having it there should you have to return it...

Youre kind of in limbo , but its the best thing you can do at present.

I was in a similar position, but on top of my Autism or parallel to it...I have very bad constant Fibromyalgia/cfs C5 c6 spinal stenosis and Allodynia(nervee damage) so it s abit different to your situation.

Never the less...ive been paranoid, when i can manage to walk more than 20mtrs....but i did say this was the case in the PIP interview..

Its all based on your worst days and are they a majority..

So i plan to save and not spend if i can...just incase as PIP can be a law unto themselves.