Christmas Day alone again

I’m not the only one I know and I’m kinda used to it now but do wish I could be like everyone else 

Parents
  • For me it was Christmas day, alone again.

This year was worse.  In addition to the usual closed shops and no public transport. I didn't go out at all.  Sometimes I go for a walk on Christmas day.  But today the ground was too soggy after all the rain, so I decided to stay in.

I did some Internet research on house prices where I used to live and discovered that the house of one of the very few people that spoke to me in that street had been sold in January 2018.  Further research revealed that the woman had in fact died in October 2017.  I'm devastated that I only found out today.

• For me it was Christmas day, alone again.

This year was worse.  In addition to the usual closed shops and no public transport. I didn't go out at all.  Sometimes I go for a walk on Christmas day.  But today the ground was too soggy after all the rain, so I decided to stay in.

I did some Internet research on house prices where I used to live and discovered that the house of one of the very few people that spoke to me in that street had been sold in January 2018.  Further research revealed that the woman had in fact died in October 2017.  I'm devastated that I only found out today.

Children