Christmas Day alone again

I’m not the only one I know and I’m kinda used to it now but do wish I could be like everyone else 

• i find the resilience, like yours inspiring. I'm reading "Fall down 7 times get up 8". It is written by a non-verbal and is very inspiring and interesting. 

• Great that you’re still keeping on trying and writing.

• It's fine I'm kind of used to it to be honest. Hes all I have and hes always interpreted the world for me do I'm kind of stuck. Hes at work today so I can relax more and do what I like :)

• That’s terrible that your husband wasn’t talking to you on any day let alone Christmas Day, it’s not your fault that his parents let him down!

• I find it over rated and cant wait for normal days to resume. My husband wasent talking to me still over his parents letting him down when I decided to let them over. So I was alone all day. I went out briefly for a walk then listened to podcasts

• my comment is based on helping 500+ xmas sufferers ( some suicidal ) last year online in USA and worldwide. I was almost a basket case by the end of it.

But I learnt so much about the high distress and suicidal rate in USA/rest of world in and around thanksgiving and xmas. 

You comment was uncalled for and not something to send on Xmas.

Please do not leave comments like this anywhere as they can cause distress, trigger anxiety, and depression in others.

for this reason I have reported you to the Mods

• I’m really sorry to hear about your sad discovery! What a horrible way to find out!

• Stop trying to be clever Aidie. You're not.

• For me it was Christmas day, alone again.

This year was worse.  In addition to the usual closed shops and no public transport. I didn't go out at all.  Sometimes I go for a walk on Christmas day.  But today the ground was too soggy after all the rain, so I decided to stay in.

I did some Internet research on house prices where I used to live and discovered that the house of one of the very few people that spoke to me in that street had been sold in January 2018.  Further research revealed that the woman had in fact died in October 2017.  I'm devastated that I only found out today.

• "Be like everyone else"?

You mean...

- eat too much

- drink too much

- get burned-out by the noise & change to routine

- have to accommodate other people's bizarre and pointless rituals "because... Christmas"

- end up upsetting the people you care most about in the world

...honestly?

• I have just spent Christmas day alone, it wasn't too bad.  I have made and received a few phone calls and messages.  It is useful having social media and this web site to communicate with like minded people.

• Me too I’m glad it’s nearly over , and Thank you 

• lots of people are alone on xmas. I have talked to loads of people (all types) who are alone on Xmas. Its pretty cpmmon. Dont let it get to u. its only one day. i personally hate it.