Deleted Post.

No delete ability so here we are.

Parents
  • Honestly, you could be describing me right now. I’m a little older (37) and have got trapped in a major rut for the second time in my life now–the first after I graduated from university and was too burned out to work (pre-diagnosis), this second time is following a period of working full-time (self-employed) in a really toxic company.

I’ve been stuck out of work for 15 months now and there’s almost nothing of my former self. I actually wrote a letter to my GP this afternoon saying how embarrassed I am that I’m struggling to even wash and dress myself every day (and usually can’t do both), and I’m too terrified to leave my bedroom, much less my flat, in case I’m forced to speak to anyone; yet three years ago I was leading the implementation of a massive software project, responsible for generating £115m a year in income, which went live with 100% accuracy.

So, yeah, I get where you are, and I’ve sent my cry for help. I’m hoping my doctor will get back to me soon because, like you, I can’t go on like this; I hate being such a burden to my boyfriend but I can’t figure out how to move the situation forward.

You write exceptionally well, so maybe you could do the same? I started my letter by saying, “Please forgive me writing rather than making an appointment, but I find it easier to communicate like this.” I then went on to detail, briefly, what’s happened and summarise the different areas of daily life that are proving too challenging for me with my autism. I’m hoping it will help—I can’t imagine it could do any harm, and at least I’ll be on someone’s radar.

Take good care and feel free to DM me if you’d like to chat.

• Honestly, you could be describing me right now. I’m a little older (37) and have got trapped in a major rut for the second time in my life now–the first after I graduated from university and was too burned out to work (pre-diagnosis), this second time is following a period of working full-time (self-employed) in a really toxic company.

I’ve been stuck out of work for 15 months now and there’s almost nothing of my former self. I actually wrote a letter to my GP this afternoon saying how embarrassed I am that I’m struggling to even wash and dress myself every day (and usually can’t do both), and I’m too terrified to leave my bedroom, much less my flat, in case I’m forced to speak to anyone; yet three years ago I was leading the implementation of a massive software project, responsible for generating £115m a year in income, which went live with 100% accuracy.

So, yeah, I get where you are, and I’ve sent my cry for help. I’m hoping my doctor will get back to me soon because, like you, I can’t go on like this; I hate being such a burden to my boyfriend but I can’t figure out how to move the situation forward.

You write exceptionally well, so maybe you could do the same? I started my letter by saying, “Please forgive me writing rather than making an appointment, but I find it easier to communicate like this.” I then went on to detail, briefly, what’s happened and summarise the different areas of daily life that are proving too challenging for me with my autism. I’m hoping it will help—I can’t imagine it could do any harm, and at least I’ll be on someone’s radar.

Take good care and feel free to DM me if you’d like to chat.

Children