Does anyone have days when they simply can't speak?

I have been overloaded with work pressure and demands on me, at the same time criticisms of the way I work ("do it faster! "  "less detailed" ) at the same time they want it just as accurate.  Basically  unachieveable and unreasonable demands. This has been making me anxious for some time. 

I can't get out of the assignments because I'm kind of committed to them as an expert in my field and the most experienced person here.  As the pressure has continued to build, the last 2 days my anxiety got so high that I was unable to speak. I have cried a bit (on the stairs) but not spoken. I feel overwhelmed and overloaded. 

I have Aspergers with a high PDA profile.

Does anyone else have these days? it's awful, and I feel stupid afterwards. I would describe some other feelings if i had them, but I really suck at identifying feelings and I suck at talking to anyone about it without breaking down. The only thing i feel like is a storm raging inside me.

Parents

• I have been overloaded with work pressure and demands on me, at the same time criticisms of the way I work ("do it faster! "  "less detailed" ) at the same time they want it just as accurate.  Basically  unachieveable and unreasonable demands. This has been making me anxious for some time. 

I can't get out of the assignments because I'm kind of committed to them as an expert in my field and the most experienced person here.  As the pressure has continued to build, the last 2 days my anxiety got so high that I was unable to speak. I have cried a bit (on the stairs) but not spoken. I feel overwhelmed and overloaded. 

Does anyone else have these days?

Yup ~ but with me I have stress induced seizures with increasing nominal aphasia (inability to use or recall names) up to complete aphasia (inability to speak at all).

The nominal aphasia thing is generally always the case to lesser or greater degrees depending upon the stress and the complete aphasia depends upon the seizures, with linguistic lock-ins or shut-downs lasting about a few hours, and the worst ones years ago lasting in one case about a couple of weeks.

I also get writer's block where either my mind is completely blank with nothing to write or else utterly jam packed solid blocked with too much to write, which had in the latter instance been on the go since Saturday, with speaking being a bit limited also and the nominal aphasia being rampant these last few days. Been under a lot of pressure lately to get things done, hey hoe!

it's awful, and I feel stupid afterwards.

Awful it is, but stupid you are not.

You are dealing with traumatic overload and are as such experiencing a burn out of the linguistic networks of your mind-body relationship, so feeling stupefied in an overwhelmed sense of things might be more appropriate as a descriptor perhaps?

I would describe some other feelings if i had them, but I really suck at identifying feelings and I suck at talking to anyone about it without breaking down. The only thing i feel like is a storm raging inside me.

With being under too much pressure emotionally and therefore being mentally and physically maxed out, your ability to process that damned up magnitude of hypertensive feelings is going to be limited, as in the sense of being emotionally desensitized or even disassociated. Learning to moderate and reduce more your stress levels might well help you to relate better with your feelings and become more familiar with them. 

In order to reduce my stress levels, and decrease my seizures from the grand-mall body banger types to the much more petite-mall mind clanger varieties ~ I learnt to do deep gentle pelvic breathing where the nose and mouth are imagined as if being in the center of the chest, and the lungs are imagined as if being in the pelvis ~ with each inhalation energetically drawing up from the earth to nurture the body, and each exhalation energetically pushing back into the ground to nurture the earth. If you do this whilst walking around and imagine the world is like a treadmill, it can actually feel as such and increase you physical mobility efficiency too.

• I have been overloaded with work pressure and demands on me, at the same time criticisms of the way I work ("do it faster! "  "less detailed" ) at the same time they want it just as accurate.  Basically  unachieveable and unreasonable demands. This has been making me anxious for some time. 

Does anyone else have these days?

Yup ~ but with me I have stress induced seizures with increasing nominal aphasia (inability to use or recall names) up to complete aphasia (inability to speak at all).

The nominal aphasia thing is generally always the case to lesser or greater degrees depending upon the stress and the complete aphasia depends upon the seizures, with linguistic lock-ins or shut-downs lasting about a few hours, and the worst ones years ago lasting in one case about a couple of weeks.

I also get writer's block where either my mind is completely blank with nothing to write or else utterly jam packed solid blocked with too much to write, which had in the latter instance been on the go since Saturday, with speaking being a bit limited also and the nominal aphasia being rampant these last few days. Been under a lot of pressure lately to get things done, hey hoe!

it's awful, and I feel stupid afterwards.

Awful it is, but stupid you are not.

You are dealing with traumatic overload and are as such experiencing a burn out of the linguistic networks of your mind-body relationship, so feeling stupefied in an overwhelmed sense of things might be more appropriate as a descriptor perhaps?

I would describe some other feelings if i had them, but I really suck at identifying feelings and I suck at talking to anyone about it without breaking down. The only thing i feel like is a storm raging inside me.

With being under too much pressure emotionally and therefore being mentally and physically maxed out, your ability to process that damned up magnitude of hypertensive feelings is going to be limited, as in the sense of being emotionally desensitized or even disassociated. Learning to moderate and reduce more your stress levels might well help you to relate better with your feelings and become more familiar with them. 

In order to reduce my stress levels, and decrease my seizures from the grand-mall body banger types to the much more petite-mall mind clanger varieties ~ I learnt to do deep gentle pelvic breathing where the nose and mouth are imagined as if being in the center of the chest, and the lungs are imagined as if being in the pelvis ~ with each inhalation energetically drawing up from the earth to nurture the body, and each exhalation energetically pushing back into the ground to nurture the earth. If you do this whilst walking around and imagine the world is like a treadmill, it can actually feel as such and increase you physical mobility efficiency too.

Children
No Data