Feeling overwhelmed if not having Alone time

Been diagnosed with aspergers for about year and a half now. I'm 33. After days of seeing new people or being around people is kinda stressful and after a while i need a bit of me time... bit of winding down to relax. Music on and just listen for hours.. Feels good to just be me with music on. I can make myself feel grounded then and process things in my time.

The thing that bothers me is, if i don't have me time and leave it, i tend to get more and more moody and not wanna go out or do anything. Is this normal to feel like this? The less me time i have, i tend to feel more numb with emotions. Seems kind of selfish when reading it back. I don't like having to wind down to feel some sort of normal. 

Anyone else like this.

Parents
  • I need alone time. Like you I tried sociaslising. I fail constantly. I'm trying to find myself. I listen to old radio stories or 40s music but my husband hates it so asks me to switch it off. If I retreat to a room to read he follows me to talk or watch TV. He gets moody if I say I need alone time. It's hard. I've taken to having a bath just so I can read in peace lol

• I need alone time. Like you I tried sociaslising. I fail constantly. I'm trying to find myself. I listen to old radio stories or 40s music but my husband hates it so asks me to switch it off. If I retreat to a room to read he follows me to talk or watch TV. He gets moody if I say I need alone time. It's hard. I've taken to having a bath just so I can read in peace lol

Children
No Data