Motorbikes

Hello,

As with probably most people on here public transport is a no go. I also cannot stand being in a car with other people as I am not in control and constantly anxious plus the fact I am stuck with whatever noise they decide to generate. I think the desire to be alone has pushed me towards motorcycles and I do actually really like bikes regardless.

When I get on my bike all my anxiety seems to dissipate. It is just me and this machine working in harmony. Still, I can't help but feel incredibly lonely. I know there are bike groups around me that meet up and go on ride-outs but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't handle the chit chat, the hanging around. I could probably handle the riding around in a group bit but that's it.

I also cannot go exploring as a lot of bikers do. If I do not know the route I am on like the back of my hand I get real panicky so I end up riding the same routes over and over and I constantly worry in the back of my mind 'what if something goes wrong' so I never go far.

I know a lot of this is anxiety, but I have been trying to expose myself to my fears throughout my life and even been for CBT and I am just as anxious now as I was at 15. I feel like I should just stop trying and accept I am someone that is probably always going to be doing stuff alone. I'm just getting sick of being alone all the time but I cannot see a way out of it. I hate being alone but also hate being around people. I don't think I have a question I just needed to say stuff.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi,

I have a motorbike 125, Been riding for 10 years now, always on a CBT renewal. It used to be great fun for a few years but a 125, wouldn't venture too far but mainly to see my family 25 miles away. I hate public transport and couldn't afford to run a car until recent. 

Me too with bike clubs. Tried it once and didn't like it (was never a clubby person anyway) and was never interested in trying group rides.

Not so much used now- noticeably more stressful on the road and started having trouble seeing in the dark with these superbright headlights coming at you.

• Hi,

I have a motorbike 125, Been riding for 10 years now, always on a CBT renewal. It used to be great fun for a few years but a 125, wouldn't venture too far but mainly to see my family 25 miles away. I hate public transport and couldn't afford to run a car until recent. 

Me too with bike clubs. Tried it once and didn't like it (was never a clubby person anyway) and was never interested in trying group rides.

Not so much used now- noticeably more stressful on the road and started having trouble seeing in the dark with these superbright headlights coming at you.

Children
No Data