Undiagnosed Adult with suspected Asperger Syndrome.

Hello, 

My name is Jordan, I'm 24 years old. and I believe I have some form of autism.

I've been to my GP and they have made enquiries to get me diagnosed but there isn't a service in my area that can diagnose me which I'm disappointed at. I've been put on medication but I would like to get diagnosed so I could understand the feelings and thoughts I have. I live in the Suffolk area. I was just wondering if anyone is in the same situation or has any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • I was the same as you, referred and initially got a false negative (NHS funding I expect as several others known to be the same).  

I ended up going private and now have a formal diagnosis by someone recognised by my local Autistic Service.  Of course that is the start and I await further information on the next steps from the NHS Autistic Spectrum Service (two months now - probably bean counting again or not enough braves in the NHS).  If employed, maybe ask your Diversity/Equality champion OR Occupational Health about routes to diagnosis (company may even pay for the private assessment).

• I was the same as you, referred and initially got a false negative (NHS funding I expect as several others known to be the same).  

I ended up going private and now have a formal diagnosis by someone recognised by my local Autistic Service.  Of course that is the start and I await further information on the next steps from the NHS Autistic Spectrum Service (two months now - probably bean counting again or not enough braves in the NHS).  If employed, maybe ask your Diversity/Equality champion OR Occupational Health about routes to diagnosis (company may even pay for the private assessment).

Children
No Data