Married in silence

I have been married to my partner for 18 years and we have 3 children.  My partner has always been interested in gaming more so than me and we went on holiday and he bought a new camera and spent hours staring at it, playing with it and even took it to the dinner table with him.  He gets extremely stressed in certain situations to the point he takes it out on  me.  We only figures out he was autistic after having an autistic child.  He has got worse as our relationship has gone on...mainly though realising he is autistic.  He is kind, never goes out, always at home, but he lacks natural affection, somedays I feel very alone as he fails to talk more than 10 sentences in a day.   I wonder what it is like to be with someone that shows interest in me and chats to me.  

Parents
  • please give this a bit of time eg 3 months, to settle a bit. (i am assuming the child diagnosis is recent). i am no expert so my advice is non professional.

there are 2 pathways

if 1 works great. if 1 is not possible try 2. if neither work i dont know.

you must do 3 no matter what.

1. get your partner to go for diagnosis if u can. he needs help.  this can stabilise him, maybe open him a bit.

2. ask your partner if he thinks it ok to go to marriage counselling. they may be able to help.

3. contact and make use of a social worker to have someone watch you and your kids close up. if this is already in place try 1/2

you are in a really 'in your face' complex situation.

you have 3 kids which must take precedence.

he could get worse if he doesnt get help.

If he is hitting you must report this to your social worker or the police or a sister/brother. do not sit in silence. if it repeats (hitting) u may have to leave for ur sake and ur kids who depend on you for education, food, support etc

you have done and are still doing well so far. 

bottom line :you have 3 kids which must take precedence.

• please give this a bit of time eg 3 months, to settle a bit. (i am assuming the child diagnosis is recent). i am no expert so my advice is non professional.

there are 2 pathways

if 1 works great. if 1 is not possible try 2. if neither work i dont know.

you must do 3 no matter what.

1. get your partner to go for diagnosis if u can. he needs help.  this can stabilise him, maybe open him a bit.

2. ask your partner if he thinks it ok to go to marriage counselling. they may be able to help.

3. contact and make use of a social worker to have someone watch you and your kids close up. if this is already in place try 1/2

you are in a really 'in your face' complex situation.

you have 3 kids which must take precedence.

he could get worse if he doesnt get help.

If he is hitting you must report this to your social worker or the police or a sister/brother. do not sit in silence. if it repeats (hitting) u may have to leave for ur sake and ur kids who depend on you for education, food, support etc

you have done and are still doing well so far. 

bottom line :you have 3 kids which must take precedence.

Children
No Data