Trick or treating: seriously scared

I live on my own now because I have recently moved into a flat. I am very worried about the prospect of pesky trick or treaters (complete strangers) knocking on my door on the 31st. Of course I would not answer. I never answer the door to strangers/cold callers. But would they then do a nasty criminal prank? Like throw egg at my flat or set fire to a bin? I am probably just being paranoid. I live in a nice area with no antisocial behaviour record, but I am normally with my parents on the 31st. Thankfully, the last couple of years no-one has called, but some children knocked on the door a few years back demanding cash - 'trick or treat' they call. My Dad gave them money - I personally think this was wrong, it is not charity but glorified begging and would normally not be tolerated - I repeat, it is fine with family and friends, but this was not. I have Aspergers, I hate being disturbed, and I am worried some nutter will cause me grief on the 31st. I don't want some stupid sign on my door, so what can I do?

Parents
  • hi  - if you have blackout blinds then when it gets dark + the blinds are down you should put your light on, go outside + see if any light can be seen through the windows.  If it all looks dark and if you stay at home on the 31st you can safely put your light on because you know no-one will be able to see it.  People will presume there is no-one home and are highly likely to pass your front door without knocking.  If anyone was to knock + got no answer, they would presume no-one was in because your home was in darkness.  Hope this is some help

• hi  - if you have blackout blinds then when it gets dark + the blinds are down you should put your light on, go outside + see if any light can be seen through the windows.  If it all looks dark and if you stay at home on the 31st you can safely put your light on because you know no-one will be able to see it.  People will presume there is no-one home and are highly likely to pass your front door without knocking.  If anyone was to knock + got no answer, they would presume no-one was in because your home was in darkness.  Hope this is some help

Children
No Data