Feeling self conscious about my Autism

Am I the only one who occasionally gets overwhelmed by my own weirdness?
I usually manage to bumble along, happy in my own little world. But tonight, I’ve run two lots of Beaver Scouts single handedly and did it well. I just feel very over conscious of how terrible my social skills are when I’m talking with the parents. I don’t respond ‘normally’ to what they say, I don’t pick up on social cues and I avoid eye contact. I’m just convinced that the parents all find me very odd!

Parents
  • I get overwhelmed to my quirks and desires which can't yet be let out the box but I muddle through and think like that each day as be carefully scripted and prefilmed for you to act out during the day. 

I struggle alot with the overside of autism the processing side. I tend to process the world very differently but for the last five years I have been denied my release mechinism which has resulted in anxiety from not having release it all because I'm self conscious to own up and explain for coping techniques to the world and try and sort some roleplaying activities out. it like i'm to self conscious has man to sort trying female clothes as that what my body is wanting to try and need some help really bad or to take some action really badly as it not great on mental health.

I have sort of gone on a rant there 

• I guess it must be difficult for you if you are having to constantly suppress your true self? Are there any online groups or forums in which you are able to speak about that more fully? Why are you having to suppress it at  the moment?

Reply Children