Pre Diagnosis issues

Even though I have been on this journey for almost a year, i still struggle with what causes meltdowns and the such. I also struggle with recognising the signs until it's too late. 

As I'm not diagnosed, my employer won't give me any lee way. Which is causing me more anxiety. 

I seem to be in a vicious circle at the moment. 

I can't take any sick because I won't get paid, which will add to my anxiety. I have already had to take holiday time as sick leave. 

Parents
  • You are probably covered by the Equalities Act even though you're not diagnosed. If all you need is adjustments which can be considered reasonable (i.e. they allow you to do your job and don't unreasonably cost your employer), then your employer has a legal duty to accommodate you. That's how it was explained to me anyway, and confirmed in writing by my occ health department at work. I'm sure an expert will be along soon.......

• Ive got a formal diagnosis and am having problems at work. Ive asked for adjustments but my manager is refusing because according to him im not physically disabled so therefore the Equality Act isnt relevant. 

Reply Children