Global Climate Strike

Hi,

Is anyone else attending a strike event today? It's essentially my worst nightmare but I feel so strongly about the issue that I have to at least try.

Parents
  • I have to confess, I knew nothing about it until I saw this thread - living under a rock as usual; I am a troglodyte after all!

However, I second the sentiment that it's good to see so many young people getting involved in trying to shape a better world. I do my little bit by modelling my lifestyle on the Wombles to some extent, but I do wish I had more stamina for being out in public and joining in with the activism.

• i have been called  " a fuckin Womble !". i tend to take stuff  from bins and recycle them, mostly to charity shops :) people throw out all sorts these days - hoping for a nice Ferrari some day

• Oh yes, I can never resists a bit of "dumpster diving"! I've almost completely furnished some of my homes with stuff that other people were just throwing out. What I don't get is why some people seem to get possessive even about "their" skip outside their house - I've been virtually accused of stealing a couple of times!

• Oh yes, I can never resists a bit of "dumpster diving"! I've almost completely furnished some of my homes with stuff that other people were just throwing out. What I don't get is why some people seem to get possessive even about "their" skip outside their house - I've been virtually accused of stealing a couple of times!

Children
No Data