Global Climate Strike

Hi,

Is anyone else attending a strike event today? It's essentially my worst nightmare but I feel so strongly about the issue that I have to at least try.

Parents
  • I didn't attend but am becoming more conscious of my environmental impact and holding myself to higher standards.

This year I learned from Stella McCartney's article on the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-48908413) that I need to start buying clothes that are 100% natural as the artificial materials like elastane and polyester don't biodegrade well when they're thrown away.

• I must confess that I don’t buy ethical clothing, more of a Primarni fan for it’s low cost! However, we do recycle absolutely everything that can be recycled in this house. In fact I took a car load of stuff to the refuse and recycling centre yesterday and one of the employees had my 5 year olds old trike for his little girl. Immediate effect of recycling, One small child made happy (I do hope he wasn’t planning to give it to her for Christmas!).

• I love Freecycle and charity shops. I absolutely hate throwing away perfectly good things just because I don't need them anymore.

I was thinking it would be good in each small community to have a library of rarely used items. Lawnmowers, hedge trimmers, other tools etc. Rather than every household having to pay for them separately then only using them a few times a year. It's just the fear of having to organise people that stops me...and my lack of motivation. 

• Hmmm... That's an idea. Maybe someone more organized could do it! Loads of the town centre is empty shops - would make a good addition to the high street. 

OH would also love a board game library.

Reply Children
No Data