Global Climate Strike

Hi,

Is anyone else attending a strike event today? It's essentially my worst nightmare but I feel so strongly about the issue that I have to at least try.

Parents Reply Children
  • there is plastic everywhere :(

in the future- aliens will find a layer of plastic in the soil, that will be called the human period

• It's quite eye-opening learning how many seemingly innocent things actually have a negative impact. Over the last few years we have been gradually making small changes. Going vegan, reducing plastic, trying to eat mostly fresh food, not buying any clothes unless really needed then going for good quality and sustainable, switching to green energy, not taking flights etc. 

I do find that with trying to shop ethically it is very expensive and not accessible to most, but then most low income people aren't creating the most carbon - they're not flying to far off lands 3 times a year or driving SUVs! 

• I must confess that I don’t buy ethical clothing, more of a Primarni fan for it’s low cost! However, we do recycle absolutely everything that can be recycled in this house. In fact I took a car load of stuff to the refuse and recycling centre yesterday and one of the employees had my 5 year olds old trike for his little girl. Immediate effect of recycling, One small child made happy (I do hope he wasn’t planning to give it to her for Christmas!).