Upset At The Checkout

Hello,

I had a upsetting incident at the local supermarket last week and would like some advice. I was in the que and the store was busy so I had a lot to contend with when a lady brushed past with her trolley and patted me on the shoulder. I can not stand being  touched by strangers and this made me shudder. I was unaware I was in her way and suggested that excuse me was a polite way of moving me to which her reply was quite abusive and I was accussed of being rude and nasty, both of which are simply not me. I wonder what else I could have done? I would prefer to get along with people but find it hard when confronted with such situations and not knowing how to react.  I have had similar expereinces which involve strangers patting me. Does anyone else experience this?

Thank you.

Nick

Parents
  • Supermarkets have a social dynamics all of their own which I struggle to understand.   And my behaviour causes problems.

A few months ago while shopping,  I shut an open freezer and got a mouthful from the shopper who had left it open.

Recently I went into a supermarket when I got caught in an unexpected heavy rain shower,  to shelter from the rain and kill time. I didn't buy anything,  but I was also carrying bags from an other shop, 

when leaving,  I was stopped by a member of staff who demanded I show what was in my bags.  I opened my bags and got out my receipt.  He quickly changed his mind and allowed me to leave.  What i don't understand is why he didn't check if the items in the bag matched my receipt??? 

• so true  

when leaving

---  there could be a lot of shop lifting recently so they do random "have u got a receipt"  check --- 

Reply Children
No Data