My mum does not accept my aspergers diagnosis

She said to me today that Drs and psychologists have spun whatever I have said to them into a condition and then convinced me I have that condition. She believes it’s all a scam and that the doctors are funded by big pharma to give people labels so they would have customers for their drug products.  She said that if I had paid her to diagnose me with dyslexia for example, she’d take the money and give me the label of dyslexic.

She says that my exhaustion following the situation of trying to work in a (probably normally) noisy office was normal. I literally could not think earlier today and couldn’t do my job until I felt a bit better (2hrs later). 

Has anyone else successfully dealt with situations like these?

Parents
  • Hi

I can empathise with how frustrating this can be - my mum would not accept my bipolar diagnosis. In the end, I don't think trying to reason works. Time heals, so that you no longer find it annoying that your mum is denying a part of you. A couple of months ago, I found the bipolar Wiki page open on her phone, so she is coming around. Maybe something similar will happen with your mum. I'd say, for both her and yourself, give it time. Try to utilise the support that you do have for autism other than your mum, so that you are being looked after in that respect.

Hope this helps

• Hi

I can empathise with how frustrating this can be - my mum would not accept my bipolar diagnosis. In the end, I don't think trying to reason works. Time heals, so that you no longer find it annoying that your mum is denying a part of you. A couple of months ago, I found the bipolar Wiki page open on her phone, so she is coming around. Maybe something similar will happen with your mum. I'd say, for both her and yourself, give it time. Try to utilise the support that you do have for autism other than your mum, so that you are being looked after in that respect.

Hope this helps

Children
No Data