Was my Christianity one of my obsessions?

I am beginning to wonder whether Christianity was one of my obsessions when I was in my twenties? I am now forty and I still go to church but it is starting to feel like I go because that is what we do. It has became routine. I am questioning my faith and don't quite know what to do. 

Parents
  • I definitely had Christianity as an obsession during my late teens/early twenties (now in my early forties). So much so that I seriously considered training to be a vicar (even undiagnosed I realised this would be stretching my limited social skills too far!). I am still interested in Christianity but this interest has developed into an interest in all religions including Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism. Although I can appreciate aspects of all religions I don't actually identify with any in particular. They can be a force for good in the world but also a motivator for terrible acts. I do still occasionally go to church though, as I appreciate the routines and it is an acceptable way to get some space and peace. I think it is good to question your faith. Do you feel a benefit from going to church? 

• I like being part of the community but I can't stand sitting through boring 40 minute sermons.

Reply Children
No Data