Advocacy

I am as some will know experiencing great difficulties with my employer.

My employer has at last decided to accommodate me, they contacted NAS task for support by way of advocacy and were told, we don't have anybody able to advocate for adults.

I find this shocking what is going on? I'm sure if I was a child they would be jumping through hoops to help. Has anybody else got any experiences of this?

Parents Reply Children
  • I completely misunderstood the organisation. It should really be called a charity supporting parents who cannot cope with their ‘difficult’ children. It’s the parents’ charity, not a charity directly helping all ages with autism diagnosis or needing diagnosis even. I’m not really convinced the children get much help really. Just the parents. Only I’m not supposed to mention the Emperor has no Clothes on, or the Elephant in the centre of the room. But we can support each other elsewhere. This is all a bit too public and there’s no active support here. Yet the Aspie in IT will be expected to pop in and fix the computers when required. From what I can ascertain it’s not even a postcode lottery. It’s society putting us below them so they can feel better about themselves. But it’s quite enjoyable sometimes to just watch the stupidity unfold. Can’t help those who don’t want to hear.