Strategies for calming down?

After being wound up by my very loud and rebellious 5 year old daughter 3 hours ago, I'm struggling to calm down. I'd therefore be grateful for any tips to help lower the stress and anger levels. I thought locking myself away quietly for some internet browsing would help, but sadly it didn't.

Thanks, Steve

Parents
  • Candy Crush Saga. Or Tetris. Some kind of mindless game that requires just enough thought to keep you occupied without being any actual effort. Empathy on the small child situation. Parenting can be stressful. 

• Great suggestion and again something I should have thought of as I often play simple games on my phone, but without any intention for calming, but I guess I was using it for that without realising. I'll make a list of strategies now for next time. Many thanks.

• Great suggestion and again something I should have thought of as I often play simple games on my phone, but without any intention for calming, but I guess I was using it for that without realising. I'll make a list of strategies now for next time. Many thanks.

Children
No Data