Holidays

I just wondered what the best sort of holidays people have had?

Parents
  • I cannot do beach holidays - just sitting & frying myself is too boring.    We do Disney Florida every year - we hit the parks hard and we do all the extra-curricular stuff like diving in The Seas in EPCOT or behind-the-scenes experiences at SeaWorld meeting the penguins and feeding the sea-lions.

• I really want to go to Disney Slight smile

• It's not as expensive as you might think - we go out of season - normally February - it's as hot as a good British summer but with no crowds.

We were there this year - costs were £1300 each - but that's fully inclusive - you get your flights, mid-range Disney hotel, hire car & insurance, all photos, park tickets, all food & drinks (and alcohol), all parking - and $200 Disney money - if you compare the full cost of many other holidays, it's not too bad.

• I think it’s good to have such a high level of knowledge on any topic. Hopefully your advice will help others to have a more enjoyable holiday.

• I know - it's a bit sad - but it really is THAT GOOD!    

Unfortunately, there's so much there to do and so many choices that people can accidentally blow a lot of cash and not get value for money doing the same holiday.

• I like how you are literally the world’s leading expert on holidays to Disneyland Florida Slight smile you should start charging for your services

• Universal is a separate company - it's worth doing if you can afford it on top of what you've paid for the Disney holiday - a 1-day park hopper (Universal is 2 main parks - the Studios and the Islands of Adventure) is about £200 each!.   You need to do both parks for the full experience - Universal Studios has Harry Potter Hogwarts and the IoA has Harry Potter London - there's the Hogwarts Express train linking the two - which is an experience in itself!

I REALLY recommend getting the disability assistance card - it makes getting around the parks so much easier.

• We're on the Disney and Virgin Holidays mailing lists - they send deals all the time but you just have to wait until a bargain drops into your inbox - often around May-time for the following Jan/Feb/Mar outside school holiday time - the price drops dramatically!    We're also preferred members of the main hire-car companies - you get a free upgrade of the hire car (we normally end up with a huge 305bhp Chevrolet Impala LTZ instead of a tiny Spark/Matiz)

• We're on the Disney and Virgin Holidays mailing lists - they send deals all the time but you just have to wait until a bargain drops into your inbox - often around May-time for the following Jan/Feb/Mar outside school holiday time - the price drops dramatically!    We're also preferred members of the main hire-car companies - you get a free upgrade of the hire car (we normally end up with a huge 305bhp Chevrolet Impala LTZ instead of a tiny Spark/Matiz)

Children