Holidays

I just wondered what the best sort of holidays people have had?

Parents
  • I cannot do beach holidays - just sitting & frying myself is too boring.    We do Disney Florida every year - we hit the parks hard and we do all the extra-curricular stuff like diving in The Seas in EPCOT or behind-the-scenes experiences at SeaWorld meeting the penguins and feeding the sea-lions.

• I really want to go to Disney Slight smile

• It's not as expensive as you might think - we go out of season - normally February - it's as hot as a good British summer but with no crowds.

We were there this year - costs were £1300 each - but that's fully inclusive - you get your flights, mid-range Disney hotel, hire car & insurance, all photos, park tickets, all food & drinks (and alcohol), all parking - and $200 Disney money - if you compare the full cost of many other holidays, it's not too bad.

• I think it’s good to have such a high level of knowledge on any topic. Hopefully your advice will help others to have a more enjoyable holiday.

• I know - it's a bit sad - but it really is THAT GOOD!    

Unfortunately, there's so much there to do and so many choices that people can accidentally blow a lot of cash and not get value for money doing the same holiday.

• I like how you are literally the world’s leading expert on holidays to Disneyland Florida Slight smile you should start charging for your services

• Universal is a separate company - it's worth doing if you can afford it on top of what you've paid for the Disney holiday - a 1-day park hopper (Universal is 2 main parks - the Studios and the Islands of Adventure) is about £200 each!.   You need to do both parks for the full experience - Universal Studios has Harry Potter Hogwarts and the IoA has Harry Potter London - there's the Hogwarts Express train linking the two - which is an experience in itself!

I REALLY recommend getting the disability assistance card - it makes getting around the parks so much easier.

• We're on the Disney and Virgin Holidays mailing lists - they send deals all the time but you just have to wait until a bargain drops into your inbox - often around May-time for the following Jan/Feb/Mar outside school holiday time - the price drops dramatically!    We're also preferred members of the main hire-car companies - you get a free upgrade of the hire car (we normally end up with a huge 305bhp Chevrolet Impala LTZ instead of a tiny Spark/Matiz)

• Ideally it’s always best to check the website of the resort/company your booking with, most places will offer some kind of offer to encourage families to go certain times of the year, always best to check the reviews as some places may exaggerate what they have on offer for advertising purposes.  I’m not sure about Universal studios, but Disneyland (Eurodisney, I take it your planning on one in the states) offer 3 day breaks for families in one of their resorts.  But who are you intending to go with and when are you intending to go?

• Where did you find this deal?  I'm useless at planning stuff like this.  I don't even know where to start looking for a fully inclusive holiday like it.  Does it include universal studios?

Reply Children
  • I think it’s good to have such a high level of knowledge on any topic. Hopefully your advice will help others to have a more enjoyable holiday.

• I know - it's a bit sad - but it really is THAT GOOD!    

Unfortunately, there's so much there to do and so many choices that people can accidentally blow a lot of cash and not get value for money doing the same holiday.

• I like how you are literally the world’s leading expert on holidays to Disneyland Florida Slight smile you should start charging for your services

• Universal is a separate company - it's worth doing if you can afford it on top of what you've paid for the Disney holiday - a 1-day park hopper (Universal is 2 main parks - the Studios and the Islands of Adventure) is about £200 each!.   You need to do both parks for the full experience - Universal Studios has Harry Potter Hogwarts and the IoA has Harry Potter London - there's the Hogwarts Express train linking the two - which is an experience in itself!

I REALLY recommend getting the disability assistance card - it makes getting around the parks so much easier.

• We're on the Disney and Virgin Holidays mailing lists - they send deals all the time but you just have to wait until a bargain drops into your inbox - often around May-time for the following Jan/Feb/Mar outside school holiday time - the price drops dramatically!    We're also preferred members of the main hire-car companies - you get a free upgrade of the hire car (we normally end up with a huge 305bhp Chevrolet Impala LTZ instead of a tiny Spark/Matiz)

• Ideally it’s always best to check the website of the resort/company your booking with, most places will offer some kind of offer to encourage families to go certain times of the year, always best to check the reviews as some places may exaggerate what they have on offer for advertising purposes.  I’m not sure about Universal studios, but Disneyland (Eurodisney, I take it your planning on one in the states) offer 3 day breaks for families in one of their resorts.  But who are you intending to go with and when are you intending to go?